mr.smith

Shoot through mesh...

Does anybody shoot through it? Do you practice shooting through it or just trust what they say about not affecting the arrow? Fixed blade only or do some mechanicals work too? I've never shot anything out of my blind and until recently was shooting mechanicals ( I switched to Slick Tricks) so I've never tried shooting through the mesh.

I found a nice obscure spring fed waterhole that still has water. I put a cam on it, hopefully there are some good animals hitting it. If it pans out I may have to sit the blind.

Shot a lot of Turkeys and a couple of Blacktails out of the T2 (DoubleBull) through the mesh....Turkeys with the Rocket SteelHead (Mech) and Deer with the G5 Striker (Fixed)! No problem out to 30 for me with these set-ups, but you need to shoot through some just to see...

With Mech's, you can shoot ones that don't have a 'L' type blade as it will deploy going through...I've shot the Rocket's and now the Tekan with no problems, but as said you need to shoot/practice yourself to get the feel and idea of it...

post-8681-0-55858300-1338921636_thumb.jpg

I shoot through the mesh all the time with my slick tricks with no problem. Just pick a window and practice a few shoots to make sure. I shoot clear to 40 yards through the mesh with no affect on the arrow.

Brian

Does anybody shoot through it? Do you practice shooting through it or just trust what they say about not affecting the arrow? Fixed blade only or do some mechanicals work too? I've never shot anything out of my blind and until recently was shooting mechanicals ( I switched to Slick Tricks) so I've never tried shooting through the mesh.

I found a nice obscure spring fed waterhole that still has water. I put a cam on it, hopefully there are some good animals hitting it. If it pans out I may have to sit the blind.

I have shot the Swhacker through it with no problems.

I have tried it with Slick Tricks and not noticed any major issues. Just make sure you get the mesh as TIGHT as it can be across the window.

I have shot Rages (2 blades) through mesh without an issue. I do however add a rubber band to the blades at the middle of the head at the small notches on the backside of the blades to make certain they do not open.....this also keeps them closed in the quiver

Shot the deer in my profile picture with Slick Tricks through the mesh. Didn't affect arrow flight at all.

I would not advise shooting through mesh. I practiced shots last year shooting through the mesh with my Schwackers. They worked fine during practice through the mesh, but when the big one showed up at 15 yards and I shot through the mesh at him the blades deployed early and he got away. Never again.

I would not advise shooting through mesh. I practiced shots last year shooting through the mesh with my Schwackers. They worked fine during practice through the mesh, but when the big one showed up at 15 yards and I shot through the mesh at him the blades deployed early and he got away. Never again.

that"s why they don't recommend mechanicals... use fixed!

slick tricks work good... but whatever your fixed choice is....

the mesh is a bonus in concealment especially reaching for your bow.

James

that"s why they don't recommend mechanicals... use fixed!

slick tricks work good... but whatever your fixed choice is....

the mesh is a bonus in concealment especially reaching for your bow.

James

+1, but there are Mech's that work, you just have to be smarter than they are...