Sign in to follow this  
105Coues

Broadhead advice

I am looking for advice on fixed blade broadheads that pattern well at 60 or 70 yards. Does anyone have any suggestions?

If you are looking for a fixed blade to group well at that type of distance, I would look towards the small cutting diameter broadheads such as the sonics, wacems nad ultimate steels.

105coues

I really like the Cabela`s F-3`s. They are made by rocket. I shoot the 100 grain heads and they are 1 1/8'' cutting dia. The blades are .036'' thickness stainless steel and they fly really good for me. The best thing is that they are probably the cheapest broadhead you can buy at $19.95 for a pack of six. I shoot them because they fly great for me and they are very tough. The fact that they don`t cost a fortune is a huge bonus. Good Luck Rich T.

So far I would have to say the wac ems pattern the best for me at those distances. I've tried the Montecs, and strikers and a few others out to 50, but I think I like the wac em for the long distance. I've decided to carry the Tekan II's (not fixed) for longer shots as they shoot well out as far as I will ever shoot, and they are very tough. For anything else I'll probably shoot the wac ems and the striker.

another vote for the wac ems, or the copycats of G5 and the Bass Pro Shop blades that look almost exactly like the wac em.

Redman

60 or 70 yards, most important thing is well tuned bow. my fixed blades are muzzy's, I did just buy some slick tricks and will try them this week.

I get field tip accuarcy at long range with the ulitmate steel 100's made by rocket.

Muzzy 4 blade 100 grain fly true. My best buddy uses 100 ultimate steel. Which works great also. Don't worry about the small cutting diameter. They will do the job. A tuned bow is really important

Bob

Muzzy 4 blade 100 grain fly true. My best buddy uses 100 ultimate steel. Which works great also. Don't worry about the small cutting diameter. They will do the job. A tuned bow is really important

Bob

I have had excellent success with Innerloc stainless steel 100's. I shot a Coues back in Jan. and they proved lethal and very well made. The 2x3 came in to my stand at 18 yards and started sniffing a scent bomb I had set in a bush. After a minute at full draw, I decided he wasn't going to give me a broadside shot. I put the 20 yard pin at the base of his neck and buried the shaft to the vanes. Excellent blood trail by the Innerloc and the buck traveled only 30 yards before collapsing. The head took out his lungs and part of his heart. Upon field dressing, the stainless steel head looked brand new!!!! They fly like a dream and are very lethal. Recomend them highly.

I bought a six pack of innerlocs when they first came out. Maybe ten years ago. They looked tough and mean, but i could never get them to fly correctly. I would get radical fish tails in all directions. They may have changed their design since then or I might be a lot better at tuning my bow. Anyway shooting a coues the way you did is pretty impressive (although the ethic police may not approve). You probably only had a four inch window to thread the arrow in the way you did. I also believe any coues with a bow is impressive. Congratulations on your trophy (picture). What are these 'scent bombs' that you are talking about?

Bob