Sign in to follow this  
Kilimanjaro

AFRICA BOUND!!!

In a little over 24 hrs, my new wife and I will be on a plane bound for 2 weeks in South Africa!! We have been planning this honeymoon for over a year now and it has finally got here. Everything is ready to go..We are all packed up, all the gun permits and other paperwork is in order, and we are ready to do some serious flying! Its a LONG trip over there. We fly out of Tucson on to Phoenix and then on to Washington DC to overnight. Then we board the big plane and fly all the way to the country of Senegal in west Africa to refuel the jet and then keep an truckin till we get to Johannesburg. Its a 17 hr flight. And then from there we have another 1 hr plane ride to Hoedspruit.. Not fun when you're fired up and ready to get there and start hunting and seeing Africa again after a long absence..

We will be hunting for 7 days ...The property I will be hunting neighbors the Kruger National Park and is over 35,000 acres in size. Should be big enough to find some good plains game!! Maybe a day or so of bird hunting thrown in there as well.. Then we are going to do alot of sight seeing and photo safari hunting with cameras for a few days days in Kruger. After that, we are going to just do some little sight seeing around the local towns and do some shopping and such. Should be the times of our lives.. This will be my third time to SA and I always told her that I would take her as soon as I could. I know she is going to fall in love with Africa as much as I did the first time I went..

I got the memory cards ready and lots of film for the cameras, so be ready to see alot of pics when we get back in a few weeks!!

Wish us luck!!!

Wow sounds like a great trip! Good luck and have a safe, fun trip B)

azyoung

Awsome Scottyboy. Have a great time and I'll be looking foward to lots of pics B)

Here's to great honeymoon for Bonnie n U. Enjoy the ballon ride. Looking forward to the stories and pics.

Vielen Gluck.

Doug ~RR

Have fun and be safe. Good Luck and God Bless

Congratulations on your marriage, and have a great honeymoon in RSA. If you finish your hunt early by all means fly up to Victoria Falls. Three days will do it. Two days for traveling (about 2.5 hours from Jo'burg by air) and a day to enjoy it. I recommend staying on the Zambia side. The hotels are just as nice as those in Zimbabwe and are considerably less pricey -- and none of your money goes to fatten that tyrant Robert Mugabwe's pockets. I like the Thorntree Lodge. It's right on the Zambezi and the owners take you out on a pontoon boat each evening and serve wine while you watch the elephants and hippos. Any travel agent in Jo'burg can book you. Be sure to pick up malaria preventatives over the counter at any drug store in RSA.

Bill Q

GOD bless you and your new wife on your trip of a life time. I won't be your first but the first with such great company!

Take care brother!

:)

Congrats on your marriage, and best wishes to you and your new bride on your trip Scott. Can't wait for the pictures !!!

S.

:D