Sign in to follow this  
Coach

Looking for good binoc system and rangefinder holder

I'm using the old-style bino harness and keep my rangefinder in a pouch on my daypack. I'm sure there are much better systems out there, so I wanted to get some opinions as to what is the best way to carry your binocs and rangefinder these days. I want something that keeps my binocs from bouncing around and my rangefinder easy to get at with one hand.

I use the badlands bino case it's awesome keeps binos coverd from the elements I added a couple of clips for quick release and as far as the rangefinder goes I tie a string and put it on like a gun sling or nikon has a retractable cord you can connect right to the side of the badlands case

There is a member on here who sells the range snap. I bought one off of him while I had the pleasure to hunt with him on an archery 27 bull hunt. I have snapped it into my badlands bino case ever since and it seems to work perfect for me. I use it for both archery and rifle hunts without flaw thus far! I highly recommend both accessories!

I have the Range Snap too. It's great! I have my range finder in it's pouch, attached to my pack, until I get into hunt mode. Then I snap it to the Range Snap, which is attached to my Badlands Bino pouch. The pack may be left behind on a stalk, but the bino pouch is always on me, so I don't forget the range finder.

The Badlands Bino pouch is great!! It is rain proof and dust proof.....but not affardable now. They were running $60, but now are $130!!! The optics guy at Sportsman's told me that the China manufacturer is screwing Badlands over the magnetic closure so the price doubled.

I got my badland at sportsmans when try were only 45 that was maybe 8 months ago that's crazy they are 130 now maybe check eBay for a cheaper price

My bino carrier is getting some time on it, and I am sure will need replaced in the next year or two... I might very well order this soon for the binos. I usually wear cargo pants with hunting and keep my range finder in the over sized pocket, or the pocket near my knee.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Shooting/Optics/Optics-Accessories/Optics-Harnesses%7C/pc/104792580/c/104752080/sc/104466780/i/104013180/Badlands-Binoculars-Case/720929.uts?destination=%2Fcatalog%2Fbrowse%2Fshooting-optics-optics-accessories-optics-harnesses%2F_%2FN-1100261&WTz_l=SEO%3Bcat104013180

There is a member on here who sells the range snap. I bought one off of him while I had the pleasure to hunt with him on an archery 27 bull hunt. I have snapped it into my badlands bino case ever since and it seems to work perfect for me. I use it for both archery and rifle hunts without flaw thus far! I highly recommend both accessories!

I agree, I also received one and they work great, I just checked my inbox and must of deleted his contact.

Thanks for the replies. I've been in contact with Christian and think he's got a super solid product (range snap) - and priced right. Now, I'm kicking myself for not buying the badlands pack last year when it was resonable. $60-$70 bucks seemed a little high for just a binocular holder. Now $130??? Sorry, not THAT good. Maybe it's time they have them made in Korea - or here's an idea, the US? One pouch, some straps, a couple magnets, we could make those, sorry didn't want to get political on this one.

My buddy is a badlands distributor. Maybe he has one of the "pre-$70 magnet" models I can pick up.

I am still using the Alaska Guide Creations Bino Pack for my 15s and Leica RF in the front poouch

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/bookstore/binocular_pouch.htm

I have also seen ads for the S4 Sidewinder retractable cord for rangefinders. It may be a consideration.

http://hunting.s4gear.com/products/sidewinder-evo

KUIU is supposed to have a Bino Harness coming out later this year if you can wait that long. I have the Badlands Bino Harness and really like it, however if the Kuiu harness is anything like their other gear it will be top notch.

This bino harness posted last night. I've seen this at Sportsman's and looks like a good product. I would consider this one. You can leave your binos deployed, hooked up on the safty tethers, or wrap them in the cover for protection. Either way, they ride against your chest. The one issue I have with the Badlands pouch is when I leave my binos deployed, hanging on the tethers, it rides on the pouch, way out in front of my chest. Kind of in the way when stalking. Leaving them in the pouch when you need one hand operation doesn't work well. Minor issue, but something to consider.

http://forums.coueswhitetail.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=33634