Sign in to follow this  
cvw789

Swhacker Broadhead Deal

Is there any difference between the Swhacker broadhead and the SBP broodheads? I still have some SBP 100's from years ago ,I did some machine work for Rick while working at PV , he told me about the broadhead and I got some from a shop called Desert Archery in tucson. That was years ago, they look exactly the same, any changes at all?At the time I did not like the shrink wrap, they were also similar to the Vortex 100's and seemed to fly the same. Since then I have only shot fixed blades, guess I did not understand, and still do not, the need for all the moving parts on a broadhead, I guess its the size of the wound channel that's the motivation..

Yes they are one in the same, Hank Parker partnered with Rick and changed the name. I believe there was some slight changes with the blades and the tolerances.

I am happy with my shwackers. Hit a cow elk at 75 yds. Arrow penetrated about 12 - 14"s, cow ran 140yds and dropped dead. There was an ok blood trail for only an entrance and no exit, but I didn't need it as I just found her with my binocs. When I opened up her chest and abd she was loaded with GALLONS of blood. The blade did a number on her innards. I can't imagine how the blades not opening, mine sure did. When the shrink wrap is removed they drop right open. And when it hit her POW! it was loud. I mean really loud.

• Like 1

I am happy with my shwackers. Hit a cow elk at 75 yds. Arrow penetrated about 12 - 14"s, cow ran 140yds and dropped dead. There was an ok blood trail for only an entrance and no exit, but I didn't need it as I just found her with my binocs. When I opened up her chest and abd she was loaded with GALLONS of blood. The blade did a number on her innards. I can't imagine how the blades not opening, mine sure did. When the shrink wrap is removed they drop right open. And when it hit her POW! it was loud. I mean really loud.

Congrats tommat, sounds like it was an awesome hunt. Gotta love that "Swhack!" sound.

The deal is still going on....I am going to buy some. Its a pretty good deal but it takes 4-6 weeks to ship...hopefully they are here in time for archery season.

Sweet for how long do you know??

Ready2hunt- it said 4 to 6 weeks the first time I bought them but they came in a week.

Oh that is great to hear thank you!

I bought some 2 for 1 on the Shwacker website on the 2nd or 3rd of July...it said 4-6 weeks but they came today so roughly 10-11 days.

Ordered mine last Thursday (08/02), got notice they shipped today (08/06), and should arrive by the end of the week. The web site is saying 4-6 weeks but they are still getting out much quicker.

MidwayUSA has them for 19.99 in their new flyer...right on the front cover. Not exactly buy one get one, but close if the deal is no longer going on the swhacker site...