AxisWorks LLC

iPad for checking trail cameras.

Has anyone used an IPad for checking trail cameras? Seems like a great idea. Light weight, large screen and some of the best resalution out there. Just can't seem to get a good look on those little camera screens.

I use my little Acer Aspire netbook Computer. It's light weight and has a big screen.

DT

Yes, I use my iPad to view my trail cams. It works great. It will also save selected pictures to your library . Just get a good case for your iPad for the rough roads...

Using an Ipad is a great idea! I usually take my Macbook air with the converter you guys have links too. Then while I'm out in the field I can load all of them onto my Mac, clear the old pictures and replace the SD card back into the trail cam, or move it if the spot is a bust.

• Like 1

Wow I had no idea you can use your Ipad

I do not own one but would consider buying one for checking my cameras. Can you use that SD card adapter on the older model ipads? I would probably buy a used/older one to save the money if I can.

I am curious if the SD card adapter would work on the iphone as well....anyone know that?

Yes, but I got mine on eBay for $2.99

AZLance,

Have you tried that SD card adapter on an IPhone by chance?

I dont have a Iphone so i dont know...

I am trying to find a way to view the SD card on my Droid. The folks at the Verizon store say there is no way....but I haven't given up yet.

I ordered the card adapter for the ipad....but I will have to do some smooth talkin' to get it from my wife for a day.

without being a technical guru, you can't use the ipad adapter on your iphone. The ipad works great to view the trail cam pictures, except in direct sunlight.

I am so intrigued by this that I had my wife look it up (she has an iphone). Yes the SD card adapter works on the iphone, ipad and ipod. Said that the most expensive one is $30 as the adapter handles SD, HDMI and something eles however you can get one for just SD which is the cheapest apparently.

Looks like a got I couple of gifts to go on my wish list! I am so sick of luggin' my laptop with me.

Most of the guys I hunt with just take there digital camera to view the pics on the spot. The little screen however dosnt do much justice for gauging deer. This is what got me thinking about a larger portable light weight screen.