Sign in to follow this  
kazpilot25

Lions in 36B

Doesn't matter what unit you hunt. It's always a good idea to carry a lion tag wherever you hunt coues. Where there are coues and javelina, there are lions.

I heard someone saw a big jaguar down there also.

Ya I figured I would start carrying one with me every year. Just wondered if anyone's ever seen any down in 36B. I have heard about a huge bobcat that looks like a lion. Rumor is it was seen eating 2 monster bucks.

Either there are two monster bucks on a hill along side the bobcat that is as big as a lion or I'm not getting a left over tag in 36B. So which is it!?

Either there are two monster bucks on a hill along side the bobcat that is as big as a lion or I'm not getting a left over tag in 36B. So which is it!?

Funny thing you say that, because that bobcat walked about 40 yards from the bucks, and the only reason I saw the bucks was because I was watching the kitty and he walked right next to the bucks.

And Cody, you're right... my bad ;)

That the same dude you saw eat schit on a quad that some dude with 9 fingers was the "trail guide" on?

How many times do I have to tell you.......it's 9 3/4. :P

Not sure about the seriousness of the threads , however, about 6 years ago during the early coues hunt one of our party killed a lion and saw another in the same location. We often see tracks and always have a lion tag with us . My brother saw one last year and could not get a shot.

maybe about 12 years ago, Field and Stream had an article , picture heavy of lion hunting with dogs in Hells Gate , great story , dogs being thrown of the side of the canyon by the lion.

Jim

The group of guys I hunt with got a nice bobcat during the deer hunt a couple years ago and during the pig hunt had two lions running about 400 yrds away from them on a hill side but none of them had a tag. I have glassed up a lion down there about 5 years ago but way out of my range, wife doesnt like me hunting down south anymore she watches Border Wars/ battles what ever that show is, so dont get to get left over tag anymore. :angry:

I think the lion density in the 36's is the highest in the state or at least the highest in the areas that I hunt in. Definetly bring a tag if your headed that way.