birddogg21

Another New Zealand adventure!!!

My good friend and hunting partner Wes and I set our sights on NZ to hunt red deer in the heat of the roar. While we were there it was decided red deer was just the start of the fun to be had while abroad. After 20 plus hours of travel we were looking forward to a break but were meet in Christchurch by our guide. Two days ahead of Schedule only to inform us of the three hour drive ahead. Bitter sweet, but WTH if someone's say lets hunt the answer should be let's go. We hunted the south island north of Queenstown. Which later on in the trip Queenstown was discovered by us and we found it dangerous! For some reason everytime we left at night for diner we never made it back before sun rise. Anyways the first day Wes and I both took red stag, then in the days to come chamois,Thar, and wild boar. The boar hunting was a once in a lifetime experience and encourage anyone heading that way to find out for them selfs.

ab9f1072.jpg

This is where it started note the depart and arrival dates!

e193da65.jpg

No messing around in NZ and thanks CW member Ilene for saving us money by making us a where of the clean boot policy

41f4e045.jpg

My stag

8719f169.jpg

Wes stag

9390c036.jpg

0187520a.jpg

My chamois above the clouds and at the top of the mt.s

755e0864.jpg

Wes Thar

66acba3f.jpg

This crap is no good! I'm glad it's no longer used in the US. Bad for the water ways

6b546d35.jpg

Ilene was dead serious when she said it was steep. Every single hill was like the salt river canyon! The only way to rest is to kinda lean on the mt.

a5be4061.jpg

Boar hunting with dogs and a knife! Not for the faint of heart.

bc7264c6.jpg

Price of petro per liter!!!! 3.8 liter/gal

Congratulations to the both of you. You both took some awesome animals and thanks for sharing your hunt and pictures. :)

TJ

Awesome!!! I'm so glad you guys had a good trip! Your trophies are fantastic, I love the picture of your two stags together. :D Queenstown was also one of our favorites of the trip, we actually stayed an extra day there... Couldn't seem to stay away from the Irish Pub :rolleyes: One of the most beautiful cities I've ever seen!

Congrats to you both!