Sign in to follow this  
ready2hunt

Suggestions for new Bow String?

Hey everybody! I started my annual routine of taking inventory on all my archery stuff and decided that its time to get a new bow string. I have put many many shots through it and I always keep it waxed however its just time, I can tell its wearing on me.

Any suggestions on a decent (cost effective) bow string, perhaps a brand you have used? If you remember the price more or less I would greatly appreciate it. I don't shoot anything special its just a PARKER single cam. Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I had an Octane put on my Mathews about 3 months ago. I heard really good things about them, but the cost is a little more than others. I really like it except that it is louder that the factory string for sure. Also, it has a 3 year warranty too. I think I paid about 110 for install and peep. Worth the money, just a little louder than I would like.

Strings are an area I don't pinch pennies on. If you are near Bull Basin in Tucson, I HIGHLY recommend their custom string guy. I had my 80 lb. dreamseason done by him, and it was fantastic. Highly recommend.

• Like 1

Strings are an area I don't pinch pennies on. If you are near Bull Basin in Tucson, I HIGHLY recommend their custom string guy. I had my 80 lb. dreamseason done by him, and it was fantastic. Highly recommend.

Hey John O, how much did the string run you? I live in the foothills and am needing a new string possibly. And Bull Basin is just strait down Alvernon from me.

Hey John O, how much did the string run you? I live in the foothills and am needing a new string possibly. And Bull Basin is just strait down Alvernon from me.

Eloy Foothills? LOL

You need to call them as it depends on what you want. Last year I paid over $100 for a custom ( I wanted my draw length shortened) string installed. If you buy one on the internet then you have to install and set up. Go to Bull Basin, good customer service is worth more $.

• Like 1

All we use is AP Custom string. His name is Andrew and he will build you any string you want for great price shipped. His number is 505-331-0892. Everyone in my family shoots his strings and loves them. Also a lot of folks from the sandia bow hunters are using his strings.

Tommy boy, the foothills are also known as Catalina Foothills. Eloy is where my deer mounts are, my F350 cummins turbo diesel, my dirtbike and all my mounts on my parents farm. I live in Catalina Foothills for a short time during my occupation at the UofA.

We recommend America's Best, they are custom made by the Amish and are guaranteed now to stretch/twist for one year. They come standard on the PSE Pro Series bows and custom colors are available.

Thank you for all the suggestion everyone! I appreciate that on this site everyone is will to share information.