Sign in to follow this  
Airbusdriver

36B: Any experiences or feedback?

I've hunted 36B several times now. Couple for pig and couple for deer mainly archery Dec-Jan. There are plenty of deer just got to find where they are hidding. I've only seen couple border patrol and never seen an illegal where i hunt. But you should carry a side arm just in case. Oh and scouting always helps....just be on the big one right at first light cause you might not be the only one on him.

Do like this guy ^^^ here does... Show off your guns and the Coues will fall at your feet, and the good looking women, ain't that right Tyler!?

• Like 1

If anyone sees me out there in 36b, be sure to say "hi"...I'll be the one wearing cammo :P

You say that joking but I'd say that at least half of the hunters I saw out there last year were in street clothes. I had one guy in a red flannel shirt and jeans hike up the hill I was glassing (from the back side) and plop down a lawn chair. He sat there with his gun in his lap for about 20 minutes before a buck came right over the hill in front of him. He stood up, shot it, threw it over his shoulder, packed up his lawn chair and walked back over the hill like that was just how he planned it.

The dude didn't have binos or anything. That was deflating to say the least.

That just figures, doesn't it?! I remember once seeing three huge tom turkeys walking down the shoulder of the freeway near Minneapolis airport, right after I spent three days hunting turkey in AZ and getting skunked (in all fairness, it was my first stab at turkey hunting). Sometimes I guess hunting life just ain't fair! :D

Camo is overrated and very expensive. blue jeans and Hanes tshirt is the way to go

+1 and hunt the weekdays,,,, its less crowded than the weekends

Camo is overrated and very expensive. blue jeans and Hanes tshirt is the way to go

Sounds like Bob Vila style is a better way to go red flanel and blue jeans!

Do like this guy ^^^ here does... Show off your guns and the Coues will fall at your feet, and the good looking women, ain't that right Tyler!?

Haha yea something like it!

That just figures, doesn't it?! I remember once seeing three huge tom turkeys walking down the shoulder of the freeway near Minneapolis airport, right after I spent three days hunting turkey in AZ and getting skunked (in all fairness, it was my first stab at turkey hunting). Sometimes I guess hunting life just ain't fair! :D

Reminds me of my first spring turkey hunt...driving into NM and see a gobbler strutting in a campground not 50 ft off the highway in AZ. That s the kind of stuff that keeps me coming back though. :D

36B is an excellent unit-one of my personal favorites! Two keys to success-Glassing and hunting where the deer go to after "the rodeo" starts. Those of us "lucky" enough to spend a lot of time a field can tell you there is a world of diference between what you see during your early pressure free scouting trips and what you see after the lead starts flying! This is a key in any unit-not just the 36's.

Although one can run into "trouble" in any unit-36B has enough premium areas that I really don't think you need to be playing in the canyons right on the border!! We hunt mulitple clients in the unit every year, we exercise caution and common sense and have never had any dangerous encounters or ripped off camps (not to say that it can't happen-just be careful and aware). Also if you must hunt the "war zone" with a mile or two of the border-do not camp there and try and get out of there after dark. If nothing else, the guys responding to the sensors and other devices will appreciate it.