Broadheads  

65 members have voted

1. 1. What are the best shooting broadheads yall have shot?

• Muzzy
    • Rage
    • Swhacker
    • Slick Trick
    • Trophy Ridge
    • NAP

I moved my rest and still they dont group together. I plan on moving my rest a little more. / or give slick tricks again.

I have shot slick trick and they do fly well, but try to resharpen them. Just in your quiver they get dull and they are a bear the resharpen. In fact I was sharpening today. My rage broad heads sharpen up on leather very easy. I for the life of me can not get a good edge on a slick trick. I've got a bunch of them but can't get them sharp.......I am not a novice at sharpening, my forearm has no hair on it has proof. I'm not sure if slick trick uses a different angle on their blades or what, but they do not want to get razor sharp. I'm not a big mechanical fan but I did get a nice muley last year with a rage. Was not the best hit in the world but I new it was very sharp and would work, it did the job.

pretty sharp is not sharp enough. I pulled out a 8 year old package of Muzzys yesterday. I had the package open once before. I could shave with those blades with no problem. I'm not saying slick trick are bad, Just not what I want out of a broadhead. they were the best flying non mechanical head I'd shot.

I opened my first pack of slick tricks standards last night and they are the sharpest blades ive seen out of the pack. I shot them for two hours this morning playing with my rest and shutle t's and id like to change my vote as they group better than my field tips. They do have a slight whistle.

running bird have tryed this?

http://www.slicktrick.net/node/24

Didn't see mine on there... I use Mid Atlantic X-system heads... Spin stabilized cut-on-contact fixed blade with mechanical bleeder blades. They never have caught on big yet, but they fly true to field point on my set up.

The new Rage Extreme are impressing me. They do not open when shooting through mesh and they fly just like field tip. They dont have the rubber bands like the old design does, they have a collar instead.

I shoot either Epeks or the g-5 montec depending on situation but i lean more towards epek for sure.

I perfer a big entrence hole, rearward deploying Mechnical heads with no less that a 2 inch cut/slice. So I dont care for Rusty Ulmers head...its too small. I have not ever cared for Rage and thier closing feature. I think is was a really crappy design. However I do like what I am seeing with the new Rage Extreme. Looks like thier finally addressing thier issues with them and thier new collar design. Just cant figure out why they wouldnt fix thier older heads too. Maybe they will in the furture.

For now I like the NAP Killzone. It by far has the best design and is the strongest head of its kind. I do a lot of destructive testing and these heads just plain hold up and the blades are super sharp out of the package. I didnt vote for NAP because they have so many heads. I dont care for any of thier other designs.