Sign in to follow this  
prowlerMan

Bear climbs up tree stand

That was EXACTLY what I needed to watch towards the end of a rotten/stressful day at work!!! Awesome entertainment! ;) I love how the guy confronts the bear casually, and the bear's response! Too funny! :D

Thanks for posting.

S.

:)

That's funny.

I dream of a bear like this walking under my stand here in a few weeks. Going for a deer but I wouldn't mind taking both home. Especially one like this!

You can make a noise or hit'm in the head with something and they'll run back down the tree.... in alberta the bear I ended up shooting started coming up my ladder and I just tapped on the tree stand to make a little noise. One good lesson though.... never ever let a cub or cubs get up a tree above you because then you are between momma and her cubs and that is not good.. They can sneak right up that tree and get above you easily and quickly

The bear was going up to sit the stand for deer to lol and he got caught. Great video! Funny

I had a bear come up a tree with me while archery deer hunting a waterhole. It was bear season and I could have arrowed him numerous times but wasn't interested in killing a bear. That all changed when he was 6 feet below the bottoms of my feet. :blink:

Bears are really good at sniffing out food- that being said, don't EVER walk through a bait pile! Bears will follow you wherever you walk until that scent is gone. I had a buddy lose an excellent pair of Danner'sbecause of this. He left them out in front of the cabin and they were shredded the next morning! He told us he accidentally walked through the bait traveling back from his stand.