Mthomas

GoPro

Me and my buddy got unit one archery tags this year and we both got GoPros to try out on our hunt. I think that the head strap mount would work best and my buddy thinks that mounting it to the bow would work best. I was wondering if anybody has used one of these before and witch mount worked best.

i would think the head mount would be the way to go. that way you could capture the entire stalk, shot and anything after. where as with the bow mount at you may not have the best video during the stalk/call in and probably wouldnt get much after you let your bow down after the shot. just my two cents

Make sure you test it out first. I was very unhappy with how wide angle the lense is. It's made for videoing things that don't require detail at a distance. Better then nothing of course, but it'll hard to even see an elk on it at over 30 or 40 yards. I would do the head mount if I were to use one though.

Mounting the camera on the bow will add more weight and can affect how you're arrows fly. I mounted a camera phone on my bow with the s4 jack knife and it affected my shooting drastically. At 20 and 30 yards i was fine but as i shot longer distances i was way off. At 80 yards it made my bow shoot two feet low. It may not affect your bow like it did mine but you should practice with it before you hunt.

Make sure you test it out first. I was very unhappy with how wide angle the lense is. It's made for videoing things that don't require detail at a distance. Better then nothing of course, but it'll hard to even see an elk on it at over 30 or 40 yards. I would do the head mount if I were to use one though.

The new models (that came out last year, I think) have 3 different settings for wide angle, medium or tighter - I don't know if the older versions have that ability too. You might try looking into the menu on yours. That said, they're made for capturing a large field of view - with details coming only on extreme close ups. Not really ideal for hunting but pretty dang effective for lots of uses.

I'd be real hesitant to mount a camera to my bow, but that's just me. I'd think the head mount would be much better for capturing the entire sequence since there's no viewfinder. Best of luck on your hunt and capturing great footage!

Addict just posted an archery video that i think was shot with a go pro and i thought the quantity was pretty good.

I don't think mine is going to make it to my hunt! I picked it up on Sunday and my kids have strapped it to just about everything you could imagine. Trampoline, batting cage, swimming pool and bike jumping. I even tried to take a shower with the old lady, she slaped it right off my head. Its pretty durable, if flew to the otherside of the bathroom and didn't break. We are having a blast with it. The picture quality is amazing. Can't wait to call in a big bull!

• Like 2

I even tried to take a shower with the old lady, she slaped it right off my head.

LOL:) I'm going to try that one on my wife!

I dont think it was the camera, she was fine with me wearing it.

+ helmet or backpack mount.

I mounted mine to my bow, and the slight vibration on the shot messed with the footage, on a head strap I have to angle it just above my left eye to catch what im shooting at (so its not blocked by the bow also). I have one of thenoriinal heros, butnid love to snag a newer HD one.