Sign in to follow this  
CouesWhitetail

Looking for a new tripod? These are great!!

I saw these at a hunting show a couple years ago and finally have them available in the new CouesWhitetail.com store. These tripods are lightweight, sturdy and yet tall enough to glass when standing up. Check them out!

The promaster is my new favorite.....it's smaller and lighter than the other carbon fiber tripod I carry. It seems to me to be a perfect balance of size and strength.....it just feels really nice

http://store.coueswh...r-tripod-t325p/

this next tripod is a little stronger, larger and heavier, but a great product....

http://store.coueswh...er-tripod-8144/

Good lord tripods are expensive now a days! I still have the Valbon I bought from you what, 7?8? years ago>?!

yeah, these are carbon fiber.....so a little more expensive than that velbon you bought. I still have my Velbon too, but I prefer this promaster now. I still sell the velbons, just don't have them entered into the store yet.

Amanda,

It doesn't appear that the Promaster has adjustable leg angles. Am I correct on that?

Bob

Amanda,

It doesn't appear that the Promaster has adjustable leg angles. Am I correct on that?

Bob

No you are not correct, the Promaster has adjustable leg angles (three settings).

Wildlife Photographer Tony Bynum did a review of the TP52. He had good things to say about it- light, packable, anti-twist legs so one does not have hold both sections when twisting to lock/unlock.

Casey, the Promaster is about as inexpensive a CF tripod that you can get. Google Gitzo CF tripods for a comparison $500-700.

I can vouch for the Promaster. It's a great tripod. I have one in my photo studio and it has been trouble free with heavy use and plane travel for over a year now. Well worth the money. I bought it to save flight weight with my gear. I gave up nothing in support. The twist lock legs are trouble free and don't require you to hold the leg above or below... a pet peave of mine on many tripods with twist lock legs. It also has a nice feature in a hook under the main center column where you can hang a pack for extra weight if it's blowing and you want more support.

Not only has it been great in the studio, it's held up in the field hunting as well.

EDIT: Just read the post above mine... I guess I'm not the only one to like twist legs that don't require extra work.

I really like a tripod with locking levers on the legs instead of the twist deals, always seems like I'm in such a hurry when I take it down I guess!

I really like a tripod with locking levers on the legs instead of the twist deals, always seems like I'm in such a hurry when I take it down I guess!

From a longevity standpoint twist locks never were out. Snap locks eventually don't grip after wear.

Good lord tripods are expensive now a days! I still have the Valbon I bought from you what, 7?8? years ago>?!

Casey the velbron you have, does it have those second legs that attach from center colum and attaches to the back of the main legs? It allows you to move the legs at any angle you desire unlike the new ones now they only offer 3 different angles.

I had that tripod and two of those inside legs broke on me, best tripod I have ever had, I hat those new fixed angle legs now

I've owned one for over a year now. Best tripod I have ever owned. I have two bogens I don't use anymore. Very sturdy and folds smaller than any other tripod I could find. Holds heavy spotting scope more secure than my very large bogens. I have a 701hd bogen head on mine, and have even shot off of it using the CLAW. In an exhaustive search for the perfect tripod this is what I ended up with, and am not dissapointed.

I've owned one for over a year now. Best tripod I have ever owned. I have two bogens I don't use anymore. Very sturdy and folds smaller than any other tripod I could find. Holds heavy spotting scope more secure than my very large bogens. I have a 701hd bogen head on mine, and have even shot off of it using the CLAW. In an exhaustive search for the perfect tripod this is what I ended up with, and am not dissapointed.

Do you mean the Promaster is the perfect tripod you ended up with? Just checking....I think it's a great unit.

Sorry Amanda I was out of town all day. Yea the Promaster was what I was talking about. But I have the T525p which is just about the same as the T325p, except it is 10" shorter at full height, but folds about 7" shorter when folded up. It has 5 sections instead of 3. I like it because of the folded length. I was tired of lugging around my heavy long bogen. The promaster is just as rock solid as the bogen but way lighter and folds a lot smaller.

I have the Promaster C429W with a manfroto 701hd and it is by far the BEST tripod I have ever had. I have a VERY heavy gun and with the claw set up on it it is VERY sturdy. I can hold steady with no shake 800+ yards sitting and at a height of 66" (well standing height for me is only 5' lol) i can hit 500 yards with no shaking. I am very glad to see you bring these into Coueswhitetail.com because they are some of the best tripods I have ever seen. Everyone that has seen mine just falls in love with it. A little pricy but like the binos you do not want to buy cheap. Mine is a bit big BUT have found out I dont mind packing it into places just put it in my gun scalbert and it is out of my way.

GREAT PRODUCT A+++++

post-2094-0-90571300-1346552166_thumb.jpg

post-2094-0-90571300-1346552166_thumb.jpg