Sign in to follow this  
1worthlessnut

Guided Lion Hunt

A friend and I want to go on a lion hunt here in AZ. We have done some research on the web but was wondering if any of you have had any luck (good or bad) with any AZ guides. Thanks for any info you have.

I've got a buddy that guides up on the San Carlos Reservation out of Bylas. His outfit isn't fancy but he has some really good hounds. We have gotten on both bears and lions. His name is Gabe Jackson. I recommend waiting untill the weather cools down. I plan on heading out with him again this fall/winter. The dogs track lions much better in the cool air.

I've also heard AZ Ground Pounders does a pretty good job

I would recommend that you contact the guides/outfitters that are sponsors of this site. Even if they don't do lion hunts, they might have some good referral info for you.

S.

:)

PS: Check-out Randy E. ;)

Another vote for Rimrock Outfitters....

my good friend hunts lions on some land he runs cattle on, he is always out there and knows his stuff!! Seven Anchor Outfitting....great guy and i might even go and video!

Don't like to bash people on the website, but hunted San Carlos with Gabe Jackson, would not recommend him. If you want the dirty details you can message me. But suffice it to say, paid for a guaranteed lion, hunted 14 days, never treed a lion, down payment for a coues deer hunt, never showed for the hunt and still haven't heard from him to finish the lion hunt. Learned the hard way on him.