Sign in to follow this  
Azjeeper

Maps

Does anyone know where a good place is to buy topographic maps for hunting in Az the unit I will be in is 36A

wide world of maps in mesa . also alot of online maps out there .

I suggest you buy National Geographic's TOPO! program for AZ. It has all the topo maps for entire state and you can print them out whenever you want. You can add waypoints and plot out other info as well. Generally when you hunt you will only hunt a few square miles on any given day and you can just print that part out and take it with you.

wide world of maps in mesa . also alot of online maps out there .

If you're in Tucson, try Tucson Map and Flag

• Like 1

+ 1 On TOPO!

+1 More on Tucson Map and Flag. That is where I purchased TOPO!

Hurry, they start running low on the USGS maps about this time of year. If they are out, go to The USGS office downtown. Very easy to access even being downtown.

I usually print out the entire unit on the highest zoom and number them in a grid fashion and put them in a binder. I only have to carry a few sheets at a time in the field. I don't feel bad about marking on them or, folding and unfolding or wear and tear that way as I can just replace them myself one small sheet at a time.

I also make identical maps for my dad, since he cannot get out as far. Important to tell others where you are going, even better if you can show them on an identical map. Leave one with wife or freinds if you are going out alone

Does Flatline Maps have maps for unit 36A. I have both of them for the unit I hunt and they are incredible. They are also a sponsor on this site if I am not mistaken.

If you have an iPhone or Droid I found this app very helpfull. Well worth the $7.99 I paid. It will not replace your paper maps, but knowing exactly where you are at is a life saver. I drop pins with notes everywhere I go.

Last month I was mountain biking in NM and my tire blew. If I would have followed the trail walking it would have been miles. Luckily I had cell service and downloaded the topo map of the area. I cut across the forest to the nearest road in 20 minutes where my friend picked me up.

Topo Maps by Phil Endecott

I can print you maps up to 30"x30" and add waypoints of water sources and send you the coordinates to the waypoints...

My website is:

gilawildernesshunting.com

there is an example of the maps that i print

Tommy