Sign in to follow this  
My Rights As An American

Coues whitetail snacks!

Now you went and made me hungry. Boy does that look awesome. Recipe please! :)

TJ

I wish there was a secret recipe. Store bought recipe, home ground very fine multiple times with 20% pork and 10% beef. That is why the texture is so fine and not chunky or grisly. Stuffed with the grinder stuffer attachment, let sit overnight. Smoked in three batches yesterday. Turned out INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!! Shocked at how well everything came out and tasted.

• Like 1

You Say its incredible But you should send me a sample and ill be the Judge!!! ;) HAHAA!

• Like 2

Looks really good!

Yes, after you let the stuffed casings sit overnight in the fridge to let the meat cure, then I stick it in the smoker/grill with wet wood chips and juice. The smoke lasts only about 20 minutes or so, which is needed on the front end, but then does not overwhelm throughout the process.

That looks really good! Great job! How did you learn to do that?

Honestly, that is only the second time I have smoked homemade sausage. It has been a learning experience, but the product is so much better than I thought. I will be doing this a ton more!!! In fact, my feeling is that now the product is in a state where if power went out for a period of time or something worse happened, at least the meat is already processed and if kept cool, would last a LONG time. Much longer than if frozen raw.