Sign in to follow this  
mr.smith

What the heck..??

What the heck is wrong with people? A buddy has an archery bull tag in 6A. Abut a week before season we set up a blind on a tank way back in there accessible via a very nasty road. Thursday we go in to check our setup and see atv tracks all the way to the blind and do not see the blind initially. We cabled it to a tree with a thick 30ft cable. Well it looks like some jerk tried to steal the blind by pulling the poles out to get around the cable but when they didn't pull out he collapsed it and threw it in the pond and then threw a bunch of big rocks on top of it. There was no fresh sign around the tank so we just retrieved the blind and went elsewhere. I still can't believe someone would do that. It is ridiculous.

Otherwise we had a pretty good opening weekend interacting with over 30 bulls. Just didn't come together for us. Back at it in a couple days.

Guest akaspecials

Wow. It's gonna be interesting when someone gets caught red handed doing that kind of stuff. Sorry to hear that happened to you. Good luck on the rest of your hunt!

"Some peoples children"! I think andrsn12 says it best. I saw a recent post with info from the USFS saying anything on FS Land must be removed after 72 hours and are considered abandoned. I think blinds and treestands have to be removed daily.

A few years back my bro in law had a tag in 6A and we had a tree stand up in a tree on a good tank--went to hunt it and there was a guy in the stand but it wasn't my tree stand--we asked him what he did with our stand and he said he had no idea what we were speaking of--mark has a temper and he told the guy to come down and get whats coming to him--i told Mark we need to find out what is up and i asked the guy if he was hunting alone or if he hired an outfitter--he was hunting with an outfitter by the name of USO--and he was very sorry if they had done something with our stand--so Mark and i backed off and waited for USO to come get their boy--when the guys showed up Mark asked him what he did with his stand and the guy said his boss took it down and threw it in the hole--Mark said well--you are going swimming and get my tree stand! He did and Mark made him get the stand out of the tree and throw it in the hole--he did.

• Like 6

Unfortunatly this is the hunting world we live in now. I have to admit I worry about my trail cams all the time and I lock up everything I possibly can when I leave camp. Seems like a rare thing anymore when you can even get another hunter to wave when you pass by their camp. Ive been complaining about this for a long time but it just seems to be getting worse.

USO= Pricks.

• Like 1

A few years back my bro in law had a tag in 6A and we had a tree stand up in a tree on a good tank--went to hunt it and there was a guy in the stand but it wasn't my tree stand--we asked him what he did with our stand and he said he had no idea what we were speaking of--mark has a temper and he told the guy to come down and get whats coming to him--i told Mark we need to find out what is up and i asked the guy if he was hunting alone or if he hired an outfitter--he was hunting with an outfitter by the name of USO--and he was very sorry if they had done something with our stand--so Mark and i backed off and waited for USO to come get their boy--when the guys showed up Mark asked him what he did with his stand and the guy said his boss took it down and threw it in the hole--Mark said well--you are going swimming and get my tree stand! He did and Mark made him get the stand out of the tree and throw it in the hole--he did.

Your friend Mark sounds like my kind of guy! Well done!

Yea, he is a good guy--6th degree black belt in Marshall Arts and pretty much doesn't like people messing with other peoples stuff. I have to say that i was happy to see that USO had signs up stating they were hunting this area as firewood was hard to find and those signs burned very, very well! LOL!

Yea, he is a good guy--6th degree black belt in Marshall Arts and pretty much doesn't like people messing with other peoples stuff. I have to say that i was happy to see that USO had signs up stating they were hunting this area as firewood was hard to find and those signs burned very, very well! LOL!

LOVE IT!