Sign in to follow this  
muledeerarea33?

Need help, eyesight sucks

Hi there, haven't posted in some time, lotta stuff has changed on this website since I first joined, I've posted similar to this before but... Who else wears glasses, has astigmatism, eyes gettin worse (I'm only 29!!) but worse. I started with 400 dollar leuspolds, currently I own Zeiss 10 56 victory FL. Great glass but my eyes seem to be picky with them, I've I've looked thru Swarovski 15 56 before but not long enough to tell if it'll work. Just wondering if there don't more like me out there who's eyes are not picky than there pocket book or if anyone might wanna glass with me for a day so's I can pick what's right for my f&$k'd eye balls? Just frustrated since the only time I have to go is after a 12 hour day and two weekends a month. My hunts 3 weeks away. I've seen deer don't get me wrong I just want to find binos that fit me.

I got bad eyes and do not wear contacts or glasses while hunting.

The focus and objective knobs should make any binos work for your eyes unless your eyes are very different to a point there the center focus doesn't work for you.

My family wears glasses and use zeiss conquest and swarovski and both work fine for us

Since you have an astigmatism the focus on the binos will not help, it, only far sighted or near sighted. My suggestion is to try some of the latest contacts and see if you can find something that is comfortable.

The new swaro 10x and 12x ELs are suppose to have a image flattening technology that you might like.

I may have to try those, I've never worn contacts, with my job and lifestyle I figure I'd lose or scratch them too much, I go thru atleast 2 pairs of glasses a year. And the contacts for my eye balls are like 300 bucks a pair.

See if your Dr has a sample pair of contacts. Also, they have had a lot of new contacts come out over the last couple years.

The only problem with contacts is that they suck when you have to put them in first thing in the morning, but the rest of the day is more pleasurable.

Get the contacts they are worth $1000 never mind $300. Think about it you are contemplating $2000 optics to compensate. I have worn them for many years and have better than 20/20 corrected, blind as a bat without them. If you keep them wet they will never fall out. I wore them for years boxing and in martial arts and I can count on one hand the number of times a guy knocked one loose. Scratching them just doesn't really happen just like you don't scratch your cornea now.

I'm in same boat. Same age, terrible astigmatism, same bad eyes. Hunting without glasses or contacts is not an option, my eyes are so bad I carry a spare pair of glasses in my pack. I fought the optics thing a long time. A long day of glassing in contacts is just about the hardest thing to handle once they start to get dry. My suggestion is to buy optics with a large eye relief so you can glass with your eye glasses on. I see signicantly clearer when looking though binos with my glasses on. Many binos will not adjust enough to phocus at long distances without my glasses or contacts in. 15x56 swaros are tough to get a full field of view with glasses on. My eyes feel much less strained when I keep my eye glasses on. I went with 8x42 vortex vipers and vortex Kaibabs. I do have a pair of 15 swaros but I strain to get a full field of view.

I'm in same boat. Same age, terrible astigmatism, same bad eyes. Hunting without glasses or contacts is not an option, my eyes are so bad I carry a spare pair of glasses in my pack. I fought the optics thing a long time. A long day of glassing in contacts is just about the hardest thing to handle once they start to get dry. My suggestion is to buy optics with a large eye relief so you can glass with your eye glasses on. I see signicantly clearer when looking though binos with my glasses on. Many binos will not adjust enough to phocus at long distances without my glasses or contacts in. 15x56 swaros are tough to get a full field of view with glasses on. My eyes feel much less strained when I keep my eye glasses on. I went with 8x42 vortex vipers and vortex Kaibabs. I do have a pair of 15 swaros but I strain to get a full field of view.

Almost exactly what he said.... I am slightly younger but have the same problem. I have never been able to wear contacts and therefore have to wear glasses. I use the 10X42 and 15X56 swaros because I love them, but without my glasses on, my eyes go to heck after about 1.5 hours of glassing (and the distortion of the astigmatism starts to make things look funny through the binos). If I wear my glasses, I don't get near the same field of view that I do without the glasses. With that said, I can glass all day. I just remain patient. The earlier suggestion about getting a pair of binos that maximize your field of view with glasses was a good comment. And if I could wear contacts, I would.

Lasik was the best investment I ever made. I can remember clearly camping out in the back of my 4runner, trying to fidget with extended-wear contacts and sometimes glasses. My eyesight started going down hill during college. I got the Lasik surgery in my mid twenties, and was blessed with perfect eye-sight for almost two decades.

They told me when I hit 40, I'd probably have to be back in for an adjustment, as your eyes naturally change shape, and they were right. I'm 41 now and my eyesight is not what it was just a few years ago. There is no doubt I'll go back in for more Lasik vs. dealing with contacts or glasses.

Go back down in power. I heard that anything over 10 power is hard for your eye to focus. I use 10x42 for deer hunting but my favorite glass is an old pair of Custom 7x35.