Sign in to follow this  
GRONG

Unit 6A West washed away!!

Man that was a heck of a rain up there today!!! I was driving back on I-17 around 1:00 today and there was traffic backed up, 2 wrecks along the way and more ripping water, waterfalls, standing water than I've seen up there in years!!! It was unreal. I guarantee every tank in that country is flowing over. I wouldn't dare drive into any of it either. I bet by tonight Dry Beaver Ck will be flowing hard into the Verde River if it isn't already. Anyone else see that today? SHEESH!!!!

The rain is needed, and we're seeing a lot up around Flagstaff.

Josh, Shoulda stopped by and you could have borrowed a canoe. Right now, Dry Beaver Creek is at 1280 cfs. We had a good lightning storm; unplugged the computer and phone for an hour to be safe.

Doug~RR

It started raining here in Flag arround 3 AM this morning. It rained, drizzled and rained some more all day untill just before dark! It is a great answer to prayers, we sure need it!

Those sound like the rains we had down here in Tucson last weekend. Lots of flooding, etc. but you can already see things greening up. I hope the rain continues for everyone, just not so much at one time.

I was in 6A off of 229 Thursday and Friday and I was kind of in awe at all the tanks that where dry. It started raining about 6:30 and rained off and on most of the night and then started again about mid morning. It was a nice trip to the mountains thou.

Man that was a heck of a rain up there today!!! I was driving back on I-17 around 1:00 today and there was traffic backed up, 2 wrecks along the way and more ripping water, waterfalls, standing water than I've seen up there in years!!! It was unreal. I guarantee every tank in that country is flowing over. I wouldn't dare drive into any of it either. I bet by tonight Dry Beaver Ck will be flowing hard into the Verde River if it isn't already. Anyone else see that today? SHEESH!!!!

josh,

i just tried to call you, no answer.

my friends were there on weds. & thurs. and said there was no water in any of the tanks from the pull out view piont on 17 , south all the way to "high pig", they should have water now?

give me a call when you get a chance.

Azsagebrush

Drove through Florence on Wednesday and the river wash just north of town was running bank to bank with muddy floodwater. No clouds around either, guessing it came from Tucson way? Dont know exactly but WOW that was alot of water.

We left flag friday around 2 pm and it poured all the way to the top of the rim above strawberry. It has also been drenching eagar off and on for the last 4 days. We got some real drenchers around lyman lake today as well. It is finally looking green out on these flats.

Nice to see some rain around the state! I hope the monsoon keeps going for another 4-5 weeks!

Hey grizzly, that is the Gila River. It's usually irrigated out by then, but flows when there is plenty of rain. If they get gulley washers in the mountains anywhere from above Winkleman to Kearny, then it runs good.

S.

:blink:

I talked to Don Martin last night at a meeting and he said that units 9 and 10 are still very dry with dry or nearly dry tanks- They must not be getting this rain.