AZP&Y

Bark at the MOON - Coues bucks!

The fall started out pretty rough. Trail camera gone and I got rearended by a chick with no insurance and a suspended license. My Tacoma was totaled. I wasn't feeling the Spirit of the Wild and luckily found a clean 2011 4x4 tacoma and was back in the hills in November scouting. Just 1 trip and not alot to view. But tenacious WillHunt4coues was roaming out there and had some nice bucks in the rough country.

Day 1 was uneventful and tons of glassing and some inconsiderate fools driving through our canyon left us looking the shade over hoping for a bedded monster. No Go.

Day 2 was a great sunrise and the moon just made me think of Ozzy's "Bark at the Moon" ARUUUUUU!

As the sun peeked up the hill where that magic yellowish/orange starts to emerge and before we really started to wake up, a buck was working his way down the bowl. He stood staring for 10 minutes down the ridgeline. Time to move. We moved to 330 yards. That was as close as we were going to get. As he bedded , we saw another head move. 2 bucks chillin in the cool morning shade. I thought it was going to be a LOOOONG waiting game, but before we knew it the Bigger buck was up and with Willhunt4coues's .308 Howa and Valdada combo the buck went down. I put one more in there for good measure. During this time, my friend - Rbear was ready and put a good shot on the 2x2. 2 bucks down and another successful hunt.

We spent the tough climb down and dragged these bucks off the hill, which next time I will listen to Willhunt4coues and do the "gutless method" - I told you we should have done the GUTLESS METHOD - LOL.

The weather was incredible and there was no wind to speak of. A great time in the hills with friends and meat in the freezer.

AzP&Y

OZZY!

photo-64.jpg

Glassing til our eyes FELL out

photo-65.jpg

Both Bucks

photo-73.jpg

2012 My December Buck

photo-70.jpg

LOL...I know you guys had a great time because i did. Congrats again to you both. Next year is always right around the corner and maybe you guys will get more time off so we can all hold out for BIG ENS.

Thanks for all the kind comments! Can't wait to do it again!

Jan 2013 is coming fast and Pigs in Feb!

AzP&Y