Sign in to follow this  
kennyazman

Desert Muley rut

I got on a probably mid 145-150ish 3x3 muly buck this morning. His neck was all swollen and chasing his group of 9 does like crazy. I missed him at 65 yard which should be a slam dunk shot. I guess my broadhead decided it was more into pruning tree limbs than killing a buck. Also had a big 2x2 coues (probably mid 80s.... Nice 2x2) rutting the heck out of 3 does. I think this weather has got them all screwed up in southern AZ.

• Like 1

Missed a 2x3 yesterday morning. Can't believe it. 2 days in and I'm 0 for 2 on spot and stalk. This can be so frustrating yet so much fun. He was by himself but when I glassed him up he wasn't feeding he was moving quickly with his nose low. It's looking to be a good December.

I was out in 44a fri. and sat. And had a 4x4 rutting hard. We got with ib 100 yds and my budy thought they were javi because the buck was snorting and grunting so much he was running those dose like crazy. Good luck to all

I have the late WT tag and after the storm cleared out this AM, I saw one 4x4 Muley with a harem of 5 does and 1 forkie. He was definitely putting the sneak on with his big swollen neck and chasing the does. That was the only life I saw today...guess the Coues took the day off.

This morning saw does all together and a 3x3 alone in 24b. Not ruttin where I was at least.

I was out there yesterday also and saw a 3x3 with 5 does. they caught my wind and took of, but at least he was with the ladies

I've seen a big buck chasing 6 or so does at about 3600 feet just outside the valley. Looks like some of these does are getting fired up. I could smell them from 150 yards.

Was out down south this past Sat. the 15th and seen some Mulies rutting pretty hard. Two good bucks pushing around 7 does. One buck was a toad and made me wish I had'nt tagged out in Aug. I hope I can find him again in Jan. Broken or not he is def. arrow worthy. any guesses on SCORE?

post-4177-0-17045800-1355782854_thumb.jpg

post-4177-0-99516000-1355782864_thumb.jpg

post-4177-0-97805600-1355782878_thumb.jpg

post-4177-0-53246000-1355782899_thumb.jpg

post-4177-0-23172600-1355782916_thumb.jpg

post-4177-0-74177300-1355782932_thumb.jpg

post-4177-0-13126200-1355782954_thumb.jpg

Was out down south this past Sat. the 15th and seen some Mulies rutting pretty hard. Two good bucks pushing around 7 does. One buck was a toad and made me wish I had'nt tagged out in Aug. I hope I can find him again in Jan. Broken or not he is def. arrow worthy. any guesses on SCORE?

The pics Dont do this deer any justice, he was a Beast.

Frank,

i cant wait till this weekend. im off for 2 weeks for chasing deer and pigs.

This morning saw does all together and a 3x3 alone in 24b. Not ruttin where I was at least.

I was out there yesterday also and saw a 3x3 with 5 does. they caught my wind and took of, but at least he was with the ladies

I missed a 3X3 yesterday that was trailin 4 does near 24b and 47m border.

any guesses on SCORE?

170's and your making it hard to stick with coues posting picks like that

I missed a 3X3 yesterday that was trailin 4 does near 24b and 47m border.

Keep after it James it will happen