DesertBull

Michigan tells Unions to back off

Pure ignorance. I can't believe you idiots spouting all this anti-union crap. You don't even know what you are talking about. You hear sound bites on Fox news and repeat it. If it wasn't for people forming unions you would be working for pennies.Wheather you belong to a union or just scab off of what others fought for you have better wages and working conditions in general. I can't believe inteligent people can't see that. Oh I just answered my own question.

I have never belonged to a union nor worked for a company that was unionized. That said, I have received pay increases and promotions at every organization I have worked for, and not because a union went to bat for me. I have received my raises and promotions because I have gone to my job each day and strived to make my boss and company as successful as possible. In the process I make myself a more valuable employee and of more worth to my company. This makes them :

A. Want to reward me for my efforts

B. Make certain I am satisfied with my compensation so I will not leave

C. Let other employees know that quality hard work is recognized, rewarded, and appreciated

This is how business should work. However, as is often the case, when a company is unionized and is forced to compensate lousy workers proportionally with the best ones, it tends to create an environment of mediocrity and laziness.

• Like 2

Pure ignorance. I can't believe you idiots spouting all this anti-union crap. You don't even know what you are talking about. You hear sound bites on Fox news and repeat it. If it wasn't for people forming unions you would be working for pennies.Wheather you belong to a union or just scab off of what others fought for you have better wages and working conditions in general. I can't believe inteligent people can't see that. Oh I just answered my own question.

I have never belonged to a union nor worked for a company that was unionized. That said, I have received pay increases and promotions at every organization I have worked for, and not because a union went to bat for me. I have received my raises and promotions because I have gone to my job each day and strived to make my boss and company as successful as possible. In the process I make myself a more valuable employee and of more worth to my company. This makes them :

B. Make certain I am satisfied with my compensation so T will not leave

C. Let other employees know that quality hard work is recognized, rewarded, and appreciated

This is how business should work. However, as is often the case, when a company is unionized and is forced to compensate lousy workers proportionally with the best ones, it tends to create an environment of mediocrity and laziness.

Your first sentence says it all. Quit spouting crap you hear on tv, or other people saying unless you know from experience. I can spout the same crap " workin non-union only promotes a$$ kissing and lazy people being promoted from kissing said a$$". Neither statement is true so quit spouting things you don't know about. That is a generalization that probably happens but isn't the norm.

A. as a union employer I could reward any of my workers for their efforts and did. The union contract only stated what the minimum I had to pay.

B. making certain workers are satisfied is good business. It has nothing to do with union vs. non-union. If a union worker isn't happy he is just as likely to quit.

C. Letting other employees know that quality hard work is recognized, rewarded, and appreciated is good business. Again has nothing to do with union vs. non-union

You proved my point. Most people with that blanket statement that unions are bad are absolutely ignorant of the facts.

• Like 1

Obama wants to make union secret ballots illegal so that the union thugs can intimidate the voters. Yeah...if the unions are so great for the average workers, why can't they have a secret ballot, like every other vote in this country conducted?

Your first sentence says it all. Quit spouting crap you hear on tv, or other people saying unless you know from experience. I can spout the same crap " workin non-union only promotes a$$ kissing and lazy people being promoted from kissing said a$$". Neither statement is true so quit spouting things you don't know about. That is a generalization that probably happens but isn't the norm.

A. as a union employer I could reward any of my workers for their efforts and did. The union contract only stated what the minimum I had to pay.

B. making certain workers are satisfied is good business. It has nothing to do with union vs. non-union. If a union worker isn't happy he is just as likely to quit.

C. Letting other employees know that quality hard work is recognized, rewarded, and appreciated is good business. Again has nothing to do with union vs. non-union

You proved my point. Most people with that blanket statement that unions are bad are absolutely ignorant of the facts.

Blanket statement either way are bad,

I have worked in both and will NEVER work in a union shop again. It creates an Us against Them mentality. I have been there and this is what I saw.

Obama wants to make union secret ballots illegal so that the union thugs can intimidate the voters. Yeah...if the unions are so great for the average workers, why can't they have a secret ballot, like every other vote in this country conducted?

Once again. pur crap. where are you getting this? You don't think companies want to know how their people vote. Talk about intimidation. Where do you get this union thugs? Oh yea Fox tv. You only know what they want you to know. get a brain and use it.

Hawkeye, your comment stating that those who are expressing anti-union sentiments are, "idiots", is pretty revealing. I find that to be a fairly typical union mentality. That is the same mentality demonstrated by union members in Michigan, who feel justified in assaulting people who happen to disagree with them. Would it be too far out of line to say that unions breed an attitude of intolerance toward anyone who happens to disagree with them? I don't think so. As with everything, there are exceptions. By the way, has there been any official condemnation of the violence in Michigan, from union officials?

• Like 5

Once again. pur crap. where are you getting this? You don't think companies want to know how their people vote. Talk about intimidation. Where do you get this union thugs? Oh yea Fox tv. You only know what they want you to know. get a brain and use it.

I think how people vote is their own business and no one else's. Thugs? Yeah...take a look at the video. That's union mentality. Another example...some people went to NJ to help with Sandy relief and were run out because they were non union. The union did not care that people were without power, water etc, they wanted the overtime for themselves (their own words, not mine) and did not care how long it took to get things fixed. It's a fact and has nothing to do with Fox News.

I would classify ignorance as personal attacks on people you don't know anything about, their education, what they might know about the subject, what research they might have done, their personal experiences, etc. Not everyone who disagrees with you watches Fox News.

I agree that is how this topic started. Someone spouting attacks on something they know nothing about. Couldn't have said it better myself.

• Like 1

You got me archerycrazy. you must be right all unions are bad. I'll bet the union gave them the beer and dope too.

• Like 2

This one's for you Hawkeye. [media=]

[/media]

Yeah it's by Fox News because ABC, NBC and CBS would never release such truth to the public.

Love the end where we learn these guys have only been suspended while their union tries to work something out! If these guys worked for me (no union) they would be out of a job.

Suspended?? Are you kidding me? These guys put everyone in the plant at risk, everyone who drives one of the cars they built at risk, put every individual they passed on the way back to the plant at risk and they only get suspended???