DesertBull

Michigan tells Unions to back off

Stay classy, Detriot!

On the floor of the Michigan House yesterday, just before the House passed Right to Work legislation, Democrat Representative Doug Geiss threatened that union violence was just around the corner.

"There will be blood, there will be repercussions," Rep. Geiss warned.

Teamster union chief Jimmy Hoffa similarly vowed, "We're going to have a civil war."

Just outside the Michigan State Capitol, union operatives -- some wielding knives -- stormed and destroyed a tent being used by Right to Work supporters.

Then, one union thug attacked a Right to Work supporter and punched him four times in the face.

I worked union for years. They are biggest waste of manpower that I have ever seen. H3ll would freeze over first before I worked union again.

Any of these posts about political ish, should not be on here. Unless it pertains to hunting. All posts like this do is devide hunters. If u want to be in a union join one. If you're in one, GREAT. If u don't like unions ur entitled to your opinion. But I would bet, mosy of the folks spewing their bs here have never been a part of a union.

Jimmy IBEW Local 570.

Good luck to all going out this Friday.

Do you beat people up if they don't agree with your union views?

There may be some good smaller unions out there, but many of the big ones are powerful and corrupt.......and they supported Obama. So when this country falls into financial oblivion in the next 4 years, we can all give a big round of applause to all the Obama supporters.

As far as political posts...... I have seen far more hunter division and in-fighting on political posts that relate to hunting and wildlife , than I have on posts like this one.

A union electrician cannot touch a pipe. A union plummer cannot touch a electricial wire. ETC. Many jobs have been delayed and made more expensive by the famous expression by a union worker "its not my job man".

I respectively disagree. Unions built this nation. Lessons learned with workers blood.

Evan IAFF Local 3924

The mail carriers union will be the death of the USPS, that is unless the politicians bail them out to because they are "to big to fail" NOT, just use FedEx, UPS or email.

I respectively disagree. Unions built this nation. Lessons learned with workers blood.

Evan IAFF Local 3924

Right to work laws do not mean you can't join a union. It means you cannot be forced to in order to gain employment.

Absolutely correct. Although these lame duck laws take away more than just forcing people to pay dues. The new Michigan bill says you must have 100% of all employees paying dues and 75% of those agree just to have a seat at the table, to bargain for working conditions and meet with management. This is only after a year long process of verification.

I'm Proud to work in a 100% Union Fire Dept. here in Arizona! For example, being organized has given us a right to sit and discuss what type of equipment I wear on my back and what type of equipment I carry on my truck vs. letting my city manager and city council make the decisions for me. Cheap three bid procurement equipment kills folks in my profession. It's not always about rewarding a "lazy worker" or about "pay" A lot of the times it is about the things that keep us safe as the worker.

As I said, I respectively disagree, I am more proud to be an american and have the right to an opinion. Happy Hunting!

So what are you going to do when the financially strapped municipality that you work for can not afford to give you a raise and your union puts you on strike? when instead of responding to a fire you are standing in a picket line?

A union electrician cannot touch a pipe. A union plummer cannot touch a electricial wire. ETC. Many jobs have been delayed and made more expensive by the famous expression by a union worker "its not my job man".

+1

All unions do is create huge overheads in companies and make it harder for them to survive in tough economic times. Look at Hostess, they were paying out over 100 million a year towards pensions alone. If they were non union they would still be in business . You see a lot of unions for government jobs because they don't have to be held accountable and be profitable to survive.

Most of you pro union people really have no clue how business really works and what it takes to be successful. You just want to go work your 40 hours a week and get your pay check. Then if something does not go your way you go crying to your union like a kid goes crying to their mommy.

My problem is not with the workers, it's the union bosses that contribute JACK FRICKEN SQUAT to society. They just want to make sure that everyone is paying their dues so that their salary paid and they can keep greasing those democratic palms. They don't give a crap about you.

I know that if I owned a company and I was paying the bills, buying the equipment and the materials, paying the insurance and taking all of the risk, I would make sure that I could hire and fire anyone I wanted, for any reason, without having to ask some union for permission.

Ah there is so much to be said here about the unions. But I will keep it simple and just say I'm an ex union member Teamsters Local 83 and then merged to Local 104. With that said I will add I will NEVER work under a union again, I 100% dislike them!! nuf said.

Evan IAFF Local 3924

The mail carriers union will be the death of the USPS, that is unless the politicians bail them out to because they are "to big to fail" NOT, just use FedEx, UPS or email.

Im pretty sure UPS is union.

Pure ignorance. I can't believe you idiots spouting all this anti-union crap. You don't even know what you are talking about. You hear sound bites on Fox news and repeat it. If it wasn't for people forming unions you would be working for pennies.Wheather you belong to a union or just scab off of what others fought for you have better wages and working conditions in general. I can't believe inteligent people can't see that. Oh I just answered my own question.

• Like 1

I'm not so sure about that Hawkeye..... pure ignorance? I've seen quite a few posts on this thread already from Ex-union members that say they would never work under a union again and are totally against them (They have experience..whats yours?) I think they probably know what they are talking about. My wife is in a union under a govt contract and it is an absolute scam. They take a significant portion of her paycheck every 2 weeks and in return she hasnt seen any raises or anything significant to speak of that actually helps her.....The only reason she is paying dues is so she can vote however there is a good chance she'll be getting out as the union has been worthless. When the union came in they had all sorts of promises about great things they would do....Seems like a racket to me. She was employed with this company before union..and now few years after union take over no real difference other than they have a lot of our money which does end up going to obama campaigns. So... to the folks "spouting all this anti union crap" as Hawkeye says I guess we're all just "idiot" fox news lovers that dont have a clue - LOL. Maybe you should get a clue. My thoughts are in some industries yeah... unions can really help a guy like in Evans case... but I feel the majority and overall impact of them is very negative on business and thus I support right to work.

• Like 1

that teachers union in Chicago has really done great things for the children of that community.

• Like 1

http://www.usnews.co...ing-the-economy

Intersting read on the Obama administration, the National Labor Relations Board and Unions.

Seems to me they are as mucn to blame as the "evil corporations"

If Unions are so fantasitic and offer workers so much why are they affraid of of Right to Work Laws???

An here's a good article that shows how Unions prevent companies from being able to adapt to changing environments...adapt or die..

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/doug-heye/2011/08/26/time-for-unions-to-face-the-reality-of-a-changing-economy

I'm not so sure about that Hawkeye..... pure ignorance? I've seen quite a few posts on this thread already from Ex-union members that say they would never work under a union again and are totally against them (They have experience..whats yours?) I think they probably know what they are talking about. My wife is in a union under a govt contract and it is an absolute scam. They take a significant portion of her paycheck every 2 weeks and in return she hasnt seen any raises or anything significant to speak of that actually helps her.....The only reason she is paying dues is so she can vote however there is a good chance she'll be getting out as the union has been worthless. When the union came in they had all sorts of promises about great things they would do....Seems like a racket to me. She was employed with this company before union..and now few years after union take over no real difference other than they have a lot of our money which does end up going to obama campaigns. So... to the folks "spouting all this anti union crap" as Hawkeye says I guess we're all just "idiot" fox news lovers that dont have a clue - LOL. Maybe you should get a clue. My thoughts are in some industries yeah... unions can really help a guy like in Evans case... but I feel the majority and overall impact of them is very negative on business and thus I support right to work.

I'll tell you my experience.

I don't talk about what I have heard or been told to know. I have been on both sides of the fence through life. I worked union for over 20 years, I have served as an officer in the union. Later in life I started a very successful contracting business and hired only union workers. I believe a guy has the right to choose also. If the majoraty of his fellow wokers vote to be represented, then he has the right to go somewhere else. If the majority vote not to be reprsesented then the ones who wanted a union can go somewhere else. I am not saying unions are perfect but to make stupid statements that unions are bad and should be banned is more un-American and anti-patriotic than most statements that I've heard. Communists hate unions also, because they don't want the people to organize for a common cause.

A union is only as good as its members. And I have found that most people that do the most bitching about unions are people that have never had the oportunity to belong, or just sit back and gripe and don't get involved.

• Like 1