Sign in to follow this  
Bravo

Boycott Sportsman's Warehouse?

Same rumor was going around about Cabela's. People saw empty slots in the gun shelves where ARs used to be, empty racks where hi-cap mags used to be, empty slots on the floor where bulk .223 ammo used to be, and automatically assumed these items were pulled by upper management. In truth, these items simply sold out.

THIS WAS NOT JUST ANOTHER RUMOR AND CAME FROM AN EMPLOYEE OF SPORTSMAN'S WAREHOUSE!! I know you have defend them because they are a big sponsor so I understand your "disclaimer".

I did however receive an email from Sportsman's Warehouse Corporate that they have not changed their policy on firearms that they sell and that they have either sold out of their assault rifles or they were "PULLED" and shipped to other stores with higher demand. SOOOO, all is well. I believe the employee misunderstood what was going on.

Maybe the original poster is still mad at them for scoring his bull wrong last yr. for the contest.

Nope! That was all sorted out. It wasn't SW mistake but SCI's and they took care of it and made it right. Nice try buddy.

So you heard something from someone, and posted it hear without checking it out and that turned out to be misinformation.....that is pretty much the definiton of spreading a rumor.....again, i ask everyone to not post things like this that are based on rumors.

• Like 2

Well done, Amanda. I've seen enough sites turned into trash. Glad to see this forum is on top of things.

• Like 1

So you heard something from someone, and posted it hear without checking it out and that turned out to be misinformation.....that is pretty much the definiton of spreading a rumor.....again, i ask everyone to not post things like this that are based on rumors.

Actually I heard it personally from an employee so nice try with your assumptions Amanda. Sorry if you felt like it was intended to be a hear/say rumor. Wasn't my intent. That's why I updated my post with the info that SW sent me.

Actually I heard it personally from an employee so nice try with your assumptions Amanda. Sorry if you felt like it was intended to be a hear/say rumor. Wasn't my intent. That's why I updated my post with the info that SW sent me.

I didn't say you didn't hear it directly from the person...that was exactly my point....Just because someone says something to you doesn't make it true. wow, you really just don't seem to get that you slandered a company based on false information that you received. Just because it was information you heard personally does not make it not a rumor.

And you still haven't even apologized for spreading false information and trying to get people to boycott a company based on false information.

• Like 2

Don't want to sound like a smart a$$ but it happens on this site all the time

In all fainess, when you hear something from a paid store employee one tends to take it as it is. When I worked retail we had meetings every morning before shift to go over changes in stock or whatever was going on at the time so when customers asked we could inform them.

Regardless of any rumor, what if you where the owner of the store? Sometimes you have to do whats best for business. Especially if you have lots of money invested and employees to consider, investors, stock holders, etc.

Unfortunately, there is a "rift and shift" happening in this country, and things are going to get ugly.

I didn't say you didn't hear it directly from the person...that was exactly my point....Just because someone says something to you doesn't make it true. wow, you really just don't seem to get that you slandered a company based on false information that you received. Just because it was information you heard personally does not make it not a rumor.

And you still haven't even apologized for spreading false information and trying to get people to boycott a company based on false information.

Well we can agree to disagree because a representative of the company is "out of the horses mouth" in my book so sorry, not going to apologize. Once new info came to me, I immediately set the record straight. Ban me or bar me or whatever, that's just my opinion.

Well we can agree to disagree because a representative of the company is "out of the horses mouth" in my book so sorry, not going to apologize. Once new info came to me, I immediately set the record straight. Ban me or bar me or whatever, that's just my opinion.

You got my vote to Ban you! :) JK, just lighten up a little! Merry Christmas