Sign in to follow this  
JACK

Dang Varmits

We went out this weekend to scout for elk and saw SIX coyotes. I managed to get this one slowed down long enough to take a picture with HER (whoohoo). :D Then another one is most likely no longer with us by now B) , and the rest of them got a dang good education. :D

Misc005.jpg

So then on our way home we decided to stop off and scout for my buddies antelope hunt and we glass up a badger. So we made a stalk and got about fourty yards and made an exploding badger video. My buddy made a great shot(s) B) Turns out this little gal busy diggin up prarie dogs.

Misc007.jpg

So we pack the little stinkin thing back to truck and started glassing for antelope again and my buddy looks back at where we killed his badger and wouldn't you know, her boy friend was in the very same hole she was!! My turn, so we took off made another stalk and we got about 200 yard and the little guy spotted us, it was gettin dark so I had to shot. Needless to say we made another exploding badger video! I think I have only seen three or four badgers my whole life and we killed two in one day, one hour more like it. Those things stink bad, they are half skunk or something, but man they were tasty!! ;) :lol:

Misc006.jpg

And this little bastard tried to attack me last year while we were scoutin for deer. He wasn't very smart though he brough a mouth full of little teeth ot a gun fight!! What a freakin moron! :lol:

Misc001.jpg

Guest Ernesto C

Jack sweet pics.Hey I also had a very close encounter with a fox,I had to push her away from me with the barrel and bipod of my rifle until she finally ran a little ways and I took her,but wow that was pure exciment!!

Yotes, badgers and fox oh my. Sweet pics and good predator control :unsure:

We were just walking down the trail back to the truck and this little guy jump out from behind a rock like three feet away from me. Scared the you know what out of me, I tripped over a rock, screamed like girl, fell down, my dress went up over my eyes I couldn't see a dang thing, trying to get my gun out, floppin around on the ground, little thing was almost on top of me, so I jumped up fired a warning shot, he didn't even move so I shot him like two feet from the barrel........yup thats how happened!!

I was sure hoping nobody saw that because they would have died laughing I know my buddy almost did. :P

I dont know what was wrong with him but he was not even a little bit scared of us! Hey good luck on your bear hunt firstcoueswas80!!

whats the story with the fox? hopin to run into a big ole bear within the next 2 days!

Casey, I hope you shoot that big ole bear before he runs into you :P . Im headin out to 36B real early tomorrow morning to do a little scoutin and see what's out there.

Casey shoots alot better at things with meat tearing teeth, Good Luck Casey and Daniel.

Very cool pics JACK, are you going to have the badger mounted.

He is pretty good size and has decent hair so I am thinking of making a rug mount outta him. My dad has one done that way and it looks pretty good.......or on second though I could get him mounted life size and torchure people with him....hum i'll have to think about that. :P

I was just talking tonight with my dad about trying to find a nice looking badger, or bobcat and having it mounted. I really like the bobcat mount where it is pawing at the quail. Although I think my labs might think be scared of it. That is unless you ask missedagain, he will tell you how my Yellow lab Buddy will tear it all up, that dog is a killer! :P :lol: Cool photos and stories. :D

I like the fox photo the best. That makes a good picture with the barn. Hunting fox is a good way to practice your shooting skills as well.

Cool pictures and some good stories. Keep it up and good luck hunting.

Nice pics! and unless my eyes are deceiving me one of the rifles pictured looks to be a Winchester Model 88? What is it chambered in? The only reason i ask is because i own one myself chambered in .308 and i love the rifle. I have killed many, many deer with it and quite a few south Texas feral hogs. A few years back I passed the gun down to my oldest son and he now shoots it. The gun was originally owned by my Grandfather who passed it on to my father, who in turn passed it down to me, and now my son owns it and I hope he passes it down to his son as well. Anyhow, great pics!