Sign in to follow this  
Yoshi

First Mule Deer (what would be your score?)

Guys

First Mule Deer (what would be, your score?)

Here is the first mule deer that I have been so lucky to take, on November 18th of 2011; with my 30-06 (Winchester model 70, pre-64 featherweight from 1959), and it was top with a Leupold VXII (3x9x40)…. That would show that the oldies are still good ones…

When I view my first mule buck and been Coues deer hunter (and in comparison to “El Cola Blanca”). I would never believed that when I saw the buck’s rack and walking so gently feeding choya in the morning , I would be so nerves, that I took the rifle from the wrong end …LOL

The buck was taken in Mexico (Querobabi Sonora) we used 1 shot of the Hornady 150Gr SST. To drop the buck on its tracks

You will view on the bellow pictures (pictures were taken on the ranch near the Querobabi town) forgot my camera on the truck, for the picture on the field.

Can you give me your score on this 5x6??

post-10173-0-51863900-1357096617_thumb.jpg

post-10173-0-77393900-1357096619_thumb.jpg

can't score the buck except to say excellent!

but i can score the rifle a perfect '10' out of 10 even with the refinished stock. did your padre o abuelo ever hunt with a gringo named jack during the '50s?

!burro grande! !bueno!

lee

can't score the buck except to say excellent!

but i can score the rifle a perfect '10' out of 10 even with the refinished stock. did your padre o abuelo ever hunt with a gringo named jack during the '50s?

!burro grande! !bueno!

lee

They never mention the famous Jack O’Conner, but I would believed they hunted on the same hills

I don't think he has big enough forks to go 200", which is a shame because his frame is impressive. He's one of those deer that is bigger than what the tape says. I'd put him around 190 or so, but again, his frame is gigantic and I love how he just keeps sweeping up. Beautiful deer, congratulations.

no side shots ... to make a rough estimate .. he's a great buck congrats !!!! 180 ish

thats a toad, best looking crab claws ive ever seen on a deer...usually on dinks....im sure you werent thinkin what he would score before you shot him and it doesnt matter,i'd be proud to hang him anywhere...congrats