The constitution did not mean to limit freedom of speech to only the the types of media available in 1776....if so, we would not be allowed on the internet, on TV, or in any other media fashion other than books, newspapers, and word of mouth. The same is true for the right to keep and bear arms....the law was written to protect the ability of the people to own a gun, not just certain select types of them...we would do well to remember that first and foremost. Politicians want to punish good gun owners for what bad people do...who is going to punish politicians for making bad laws? ANSWER, we the people with the right to VOTE and call your lawmakers and remind them of that fact!!!! -

• Like 1

Forest guardians and others like them, work to prevent proper mgnt of the forest because of concern for the spotted owl...then the forest burns down and a lot of spotted owls with it. Never hear any of them bemoaning the fact that owl habitat just went up in smoke. Gun control interests start yelling for more gun control...gun sales skyrocket and now more guns on the street than ever. Apparently its not about the spotted owl or guns...its about control over other peoples lives. Dyed in the wool liars and hypocrits!

• Like 1

CHITAGO IS A GREAT EXAMPLE OF GUN CONTROL (OBAMA) SO IS MEXICO LETS SEE IF IT WORKS ALL OVER THE U.S. DOUBT IT. WHIY DONT THEY TELL YOU THE STATS ON WHO KILLS WHO AND WITH WHAT TYPE WEAPON ON THE NEWS. NOT UNTIL IT'S INNOCENT PEOPLE AND AN ASSAULT RIFFLE IS USED. HOW MANY WARNINGS WERE PRESENT WHEN THESE SHOOTING'S HAPPENED? ALOT ON ALL OF THEM NOBODY HAD THE BALLS TO REPORT IT AND MOMMEY AND DADDY STUCK THEIR HEAD IN THE GROUND. WAKE UP. OBAMA IS ANTI GUN AND VOTED FOR THAT IN CHITCAGO AND HOW WELL HAS THAT WORKED? ENOUGH SAID

The fecal matter is going to hit the fan and hit it soon. I am curious what gun owners will actually do. There is a lot of chest beating and bravado but at the end of the day are we going to do exactly what is legislated to us? I think that will be the case.

The fecal matter is going to hit the fan and hit it soon. I am curious what gun owners will actually do. There is a lot of chest beating and bravado but at the end of the day are we going to do exactly what is legislated to us? I think that will be the case.

The only way the Fed's will confiscate my guns is when they step over my dead body to get through my front door. Cold dead fingers ! No bravado or chest beating. Just cold hard fact.

I think many feel the same way. You can be sure that there will be examples made of many by the Feds just to get the attention of other gun owners. Either comply or face the full extent of the "law."

IMO we are at a crossroads as to what direction this country is going to take. We are headed into government control of all facets of our lives. I don't like it one bit.

• Like 2

2,300,00 children died of starvation/related causes last year , 23000 children died in car accidents/related causes last year, 2300 children were kidnapped and are still missing last year , 230 children were killed by medical/treatment mistakes ......23 children were shot dead at Sandy Hook ...... Were is the bleeding hearts concern over child starvation?

I'm expecting to see them try to implement a tax on ammunition, national registry, gun owner licensing (similar to drivers license), larger and more restrictive 'gun free' zones, ban of private sales. I'm sure most of these will be in Bidens proposal.

They don't have to confiscate anything. They can just make it so burdonsome that the majority or people will give in. Then they have a smaller group of gun owners to focus on.

There are 3 big threats at the this very moment -

UN Small Arms treaty. - Only needs to be approved by the Senate.

Harry Reid's attempt to end the filibuster - which will pretty much let anything that the President wants through the Senate.

Obama's Executive Order power.

Taxing ammo and guns is a real threat too, but tax bills must originate in the House unless JOHN BONE-ER decides to punt to the senate again like he did on Fiscal Cliff.

I am a supporter of the 2nd Amendment. I believe that, ultimately, it’s the amendment that protects all the other amendments. I despise the term “assault rifle” for the same reason no one calls baseball bats and axe handles “assault sticks.”

But when elementary school children are mowed down by a psychopath with a semi-automatic weapon, there will always be a reaction.

Maybe it’s a knee-jerk reaction that is ineffective and illogical. (As was pointed out here, Mexico has VERY strict gun laws but there is still a great deal of gun violence there.) The frailties of human logic and understanding, however, do not mean that the reaction will always be rational.

But it seems natural that there will always be a reaction. We’re Americans, after all. We’re “doers”. Not “do-nothingers”. I don’t see how the reaction to Sandy Hook is “Do nothing.”

If we all agree that firearms should be kept out of the arms of convicts and the insane, do we all agree that background checks are a good idea?

If we all agree that background checks are a good idea, are we okay with making the selling of a firearm by a private party to a private party without a background check illegal?

Maybe if you want to divest yourself of a firearm, you should either melt it down or sell it to a person/business with an FFL who can’t turn around and sell it without doing a background check?

You may get less money for it than you will from a private party (the person/business with the FFL will want to make a profit, after all), but consider the benefit of having a paper trail so that IF the gun ends up at a crime scene you can point to something that says you got rid of it beforehand.

Of course, this would mean no more private sellers at gun shows, in the newspapers or online. Good or bad? Not necessarily sure.

For the strict constructionists among us, Second Amendment says “the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.” (Underscore added.) It doesn’t say that the right to sell arms shall not be infringed. Does that make it okay?

Would requiring private parties to sell guns to a person/business with an FFL, who would, in turn, require a background check before reselling it be a Second Amendment infringement?

At the very least, it’s not doing nothing.

As always, more questions than answers.

• Like 1

Forest guardians and others like them, work to prevent proper mgnt of the forest because of concern for the spotted owl...then the forest burns down and a lot of spotted owls with it. Never hear any of them bemoaning the fact that owl habitat just went up in smoke. Gun control interests start yelling for more gun control...gun sales skyrocket and now more guns on the street than ever. Apparently its not about the spotted owl or guns...its about control over other peoples lives. Dyed in the wool liars and hypocrits!

Amen brother. You said a mouthful.

Annnnnnd .... another school shooting today. Kid with a Shotgun in California. Yes ... a shotgun. So now they come after those too, or what? Seems to me that we need to be looking at the causes of the shootings and not the instruments used. Sandy Hook could have just as easily been a home-made bomb ala Oklaholma. This shooting today could have just as easily have been a knife or some other implement. The WHY is more important than the HOW ... and until the "Demander and Thief" and that stooge Biden (and all of their Cronies) realize that, there will be no solution.