D.F.M.

Varmint/predator rifle?

My favorite is any AR platform .204 ruger 20practical or .223 just because of fast follow up shots. Depends what you're looking for. If your hunting for hides 20 cal is probably best because It hardly ever exits. If you want to blow stuff up for smaller varmints like prarire dogs 220 swift is the nastiest with 22-250 right behind. For larger varmints like coyotes if you looking for an explosion 25-06 or 243 is perfect with velocity and longer range capability.

I loved my kimber 22250, accurate, fast and killed like none other but it was to pretty! Now my ar is the only coyote rifle i take. Its a heavy barrel so i see all shots and follow ups are very quick

300 win mag. Will gut and skin coyotes all at the same time.

• Like 4

I use an AR in .223 and an 11-87 12ga shotgun. I prefer to use the shotgun to be easy on the fur. I am interested in this new winchester 17 super magnum that is coming out in a few months. Curious how it will do on fur for the fox and bobcats.

• Like 1

I use an AR in .223 and an 11-87 12ga shotgun. I prefer to use the shotgun to be easy on the fur. I am interested in this new winchester 17 super magnum that is coming out in a few months. Curious how it will do on fur for the fox and bobcats.

Yeah I wonder how much the rounds are going to be? I am guessing pretty expensive.

If your after the fur its hard to beat a shotgun

+1

Inside 45 yrds #4 buck shot drops them in their tracks. I use an extra full choke on my mossberg 835.

22-250 for a rifle.

It is my humble opinion that the 243 is the best round for coyote hunting.

That being said, I also love and use the AR-platform about 98% of the time I'm out.

Fast follow-up shots and shots at running dogs are made so much easier with my AR-15's

• Like 1

in heavy brushed areas my rem870 with dead coyote #4 buck

in open areas rem 870 and savage in 223

I always take 2 guns on my stands

never know when they going to sneak in

ive had them come within 10 feet of me

22-250

I've found that since the December shooting ammo for this rifle is MUCH easier to find than 223 or 308. Puts 'em down nice too.

I did have A LOT of luck with the 22-250 and 50 grain ballistic tip. I now shoot the same bullets in my AR-15 and they work great. Killed my javelina with that combo. No exits, great amount of damage.