CouesWhitetail

CW Wildlife Conservation Challenge!! How much can you do for wildlife?

2013 CouesWhitetail.com Wildlife Conservation Challenge

So I thought we would try something new this year since it's the 10 year anniversary of CouesWhitetail.com. I wanted to do a special contest and I want help motivate people to do more for wildlife. So the idea is if you do one of the activities listed below and post about it in the correct subforum (see rules below) then you get an automatic free entry in the contest. And, as a bonus, if you wear a CouesWhitetail.com tshirt or hat at the event and have pics to prove it, then you get an additional 3 entries. For each event you attend and post about, you can get more entries. The more entries you have, the more likely you are to win a great prize. I will run the contest for the 12 month period (Jan to Dec 2013) which should give everyone time to find several events to attend. If you did any of the following types of events this year, prior to me announcing this, then it can still count if you post about it.

At the end of the year, I will randomly select winners from a list of all entries. Multiple entries are possible using the framework below.

We have some GREAT prizes lined up so far! Please thank our sponsors for their support of this contest and wildlife conservation in AZ!

Top prize is a scoped Ruger American .270.....a very nice gun! (you can read a review about the gun)

We have a lot of other outstanding prizes lined up and you can see the list below.

So.......HOW MUCH CAN YOU DO FOR WILDLIFE THIS YEAR?

post-1-0-54416100-1363641114_thumb.jpg

1. Ruger American .270 with Nikon Monarch 2.5-10x42 scope and Weaver quad-lock rings – donated by Healy Arms and CouesWhitetail.com
  2. Outdoorsmans medium tripod with pistol grip head – donated by Outdoorsmans
  3. Outdoorsmans Backpack – donated by Colburn and Scott Real Estate
  4. IBEX EVO II 65+10 hunting backpack by Markor Hunting – donated by Vision Outfitters
  5. Blacks Creek Canadian backpack – donated by Santana Outdoors
  6. $100 Sportsmans Warehouse gift card – donated by Sportsmans Warehouse
  7. 6 weeks of 1 on 1 archery instruction for a beginner or 6 free hours in DART target system for more advanced bowhunter – donated by Archery Headquarters
  8. Jetboil Stove donated by Gila Outdoor
  9. Gift certificate for $75 dollars off game processing at Miller's Southwestern Processing
  10. Gift certificate for $75 dollars off game processing at Miller's Southwestern Processing

Ways to enter this giveaway:

Attend a wildlife conservation group work project anywhere in the US (includes groups like Arizona Game and Fish Department, New Mexico Game and Fish, Arizona Elk Society, Arizona Deer Association, AZ Desert Bighorn Sheep Society, AZ Antelope Foundation, etc) and post about the event here with pictures in the forum in the Wildlife Projects subforum. You get 3 additional entries if you post a picture of you at the project wearing a CouesWhitetail.com tshirt, hat or showing a CW sticker on your vehicle at the project.

Being a member of any Wildlife Conservation group during 2013 and post about it in the forum in the Conservation Group Events subforum. You get 3 additional entries if you are serving on the Board of Directors and you get 2 additional entries if you work at the banquet of one of these groups. You get 3 additional entries if you are a Life Member of a conservation group. You must post proof of your membership, proof of you being on the board, and/or proof of you working the banquet. And again, if you are wearing a CouesWhitetail.com tshirt/hat at the event, then you get 3 additional entries.

Work at a youth camp or adult camp designed to teach hunting skills (ie, like the women’s javelina hunting camp) in the US during 2013 and post photos and text about the event in the CouesWhitetail.com forum in the Conservation Group Events subforum. You get 3 additional entries if your photos show a picture of you at the event wearing a CouesWhitetail.com tshirt, hat or showing a CW sticker on your vehicle at the project.

Attend and speak at an AGFD commission meeting (or other states' commission meeting) and post about it in the Political subforum. You get 3 additional entries if your photos or video show a picture of you at the event wearing a CouesWhitetail.com tshirt or hat. Post photos or a link to video from the AGFD website that shows you were there.

Attend a banquet and post text and photos taken at the event in the CouesWhitetail.com forum in the Conservation Group Events subforum - You get 3 additional entries if your photos or video show a picture of you at the event wearing a CouesWhitetail.com tshirt or hat. You get 2 additional entries if you work at the banquet of one of these groups

• Like 2

What a great contest with many great prizes to win. Not only do we help out wildlife but we can win some great prizes by just getting involved. Great idea and thanks to the sponsors for donating and Amanda for putting this together. Now I need to order a new shirt for this weekends AES banquet.

• Like 3

This is really Awesome!! It just goes to show how dedicated Amanda and this web site are to the wildlife in our state... I hope that lots of folks get involved this year and qualify for some of these great prizes!!!

I am going to have to jump on board with this!! Great Idea Amanda, I will get pictures of us setting up the banquet on Friday, and get the entries started.

Just a reminder to you all that in order to enter the contest, you have to post about the events you attend. Please read through the directions in the first post above.

I started a post on the main site listing those that have entered so far.... I will keep a spreadsheet updated with entries and so if you see that I have missed something, you can email me the link to your post and I can update the entries list.

I know many of you attended the AES banquet last week, so make sure you make your posts about that so I can enter you in the contest.

http://www.coueswhitetail.com/2013/03/wildlife-conservation-challenge-entries-to-date/

Great Idea Amanda! You Rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great challenge, super prizes, and wildlife wins!

Many thanks to the kind sponsors with their donations.

;)

Forum member Ben Brown pointed out to me that I had made the contest specific to AZ, but that would make it hard for our members in New Mexico or California or Utah or other states to be eligible. So I changed it to be inclusive of all states.

do I get to count wildland fires as events and all the days on them? We are saving habitat. :D

Nope....sorry.....I don't get to count my job as a biologist either and it's always about saving wildlife. :)

Amanda, I have some catching up to do on putting in our entries. Can I put all the banquets that we attended in one post? and all the memberships in one post? Or would you like seperate posts for each event, etc.

Thanks

Amanda, wow this is great idea!

Board member Desert Christian Archers

Member Arizona Bowhunters Association

Attended the Arizona Bowhunters Assoc. banquet " won a new Hoyt Element :)

Volunteered at the AZGFD hunting Expo,helping kids through the archery course

Thinking I may have to wear a coueswhitetail shirt when I am working the Elk seminar next month.. ;)

Thanks Mike

Also at the Arizona Bowhunters Association banquet Bowsniper and both sons Troy and Daniel attended.

Amanda, I have some catching up to do on putting in our entries. Can I put all the banquets that we attended in one post? and all the memberships in one post? Or would you like seperate posts for each event, etc.

Thanks

Sorry, I didn't see your post until today, but I know you took care of this already. :)