Sign in to follow this  
Mathews

Best weekend in quite awhile

Started off the trip right picking up a small brown 6 point from the truck (In a hurry, no pics lol)

Picked up a year or two old nice 6 and my dad picked up a big brown 6 that kinda looked like the same bull

17A763EC-2CBD-4B7D-8E92-0EB3E73D71E0-318

On the way to our afternoon loop my Dad spotted this somehow from the truck

471DD36F-EB50-405A-9C03-72673A201683-318

Evening walk was slow, I only picked a small white busted off after the sword and Dad came back empty handed

The next morning was a LOONNGG walk and I got skunked, but my Dad picked up a hard white broken 6 point and my uncle showed up half way through and picked up the other side lol

We went on a mini mid afternoon walk and came back with nothing..

We started the second walk of the afternoon around 4 pm and things were looking as bad as the last 2 loops with boot tracks everywhere.. I ventured down into a big canyon and things got interesting

Picked up a decent hard white 5 point, hard to see the g2 and 3

49BD70E5-AE46-4CA2-A40E-CF3D59CCCAD6-318

Walked around the side of the small ridge and there was the match! This side had 6 with the 5 broken off, but I was stoked!

77E520E0-EB9E-4F73-970A-8F84458A083A-318

Found the first shed around 5 pm, I coulda quit here and been satisfied with the walk, but I kept side hilling these small ridges and a few hundred yards later I ran into a brown!

8495AAEF-7440-4CE4-9482-E318A98750C8-318

A small six in the bag and I was stoked, but I kept going back and forth looking for the match on the same ridge, covered in elk sign and I ran into this... thing!

1BC91F0F-EE22-4BA8-BB67-524F37D7E1E3-318

Not the biggest shed in the world, but a match to my 6 point and you cant beat the character!

Riding on cloud 9 with 2 sets in the pack already I kept gridding these small ridges and ran into another!!!!

97149344-69F4-45E5-AD27-20EC020542F9-318

A real nice chunk of brown bone, 6 pm now with 5 sheds in pack it was time to head back to the truck. I didnt get a half mile from the truck before I heard my uncle losing his mind! He had picked up a toad brownie across the road from where I was

I'll try to get a better pic but its the one with the split g5, Dad got skunked looking for the other side to his brown six from the day before

52935B9B-42A6-41CC-B67E-89C199D2E8C1-318

Next morning we moved to a different spot and it was my Dad's turn, my uncle picked up a 5 point brown and I picked a broken brown

79762946-8A6D-4E3B-BE4F-350270D9AF36-318

Few hours go by with nothing exciting and I get a call from my uncle that my Dad picked up a BIG brown 6, the one left of my uncles split g5 in the pic above, figured its around 8'' smaller than the one my uncle picked up, both huge, bad pictures dont do them much justice

All in all it was a great 2 and a half days, but we were beat. Heres the hall for the weekend

98CF84CA-99AA-4BE5-9C1D-E65C690A59B7-318

Hope you made it this far lol thanks for looking

Man that is just great! Thanks for posting all those pics! Can't wait to see all your guy's sheds.

Dang, that's more than I've found in my life. Congratulations on a great weekend and thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

Man that is just great! Thanks for posting all those pics! Can't wait to see all your guy's sheds.

We're building quite the stack for you! haha

Dang, that's more than I've found in my life. Congratulations on a great weekend and thanks for sharing. :)

TJ

That was one heck of a weekend. Congrats.

Thanks guys

Oh and we saw a lion cross the road in front of us lol don't see that very often

WOW! That's awesome and awesome pics man! Congrats! JIM>

Very cool! Congrats on what looks like an awesome trip with some serious bone. Great job.

WOW! that is an amazing haul, god job!

Man, I'm jealous. Been out a couple times and have come up empty. Lots of boot prints and ATV tracks up here. Guess I should have done more pre-season scouting. Congrats on the great haul.

Man, I'm jealous. Been out a couple times and have come up empty. Lots of boot prints and ATV tracks up here. Guess I should have done more pre-season scouting. Congrats on the great haul.

Thanks man +1 on the boot tracks... ran into quite a few last weekend, but we were able to pick up quite a few when we could get away from them

Awesome, thanks for sharing the play by play! Some good looking sheds.

DAN