It is too hard to pick just one good day. A day I will never forget was a day in March about fifteen years ago. I was out scouting around and climbed a hill in an area that usually gets overlooked by coues hunters. I get to the top and a doe busts out from under a mesquite and takes off. Standing next to the bush are two bucks. One is a big three point easily over 100 inches. The other is a MONSTER non-typical that dwarfs the other buck. I looked at them and they looked at me and then they ran circling around me down the hill. When they get to the bottom they just stop and then walk up the opposite hill from me. I sat there and watched them through my binoculars until they topped out. I've seen some big bucks but that one was huge. I chase that buck around in my head all the time.

Keven

I once witnessed 4 coyotes drag down a fork-horned muley buck and eat him 400yds. away from where I was glassing.

Here is a buck that I think a pack of coyotes got. I heard them really going crazy one night and a couple of days later I found this.

Keven

oldphotos.jpg

dang, yotes/cats why do they always go for the bucks?

Because they're the most vulnerable deer after the rut

I did have a job over the summers working as a camp counselor...even though i crushed my knee...i still got paid for the whole summer, I was never a spender until recently

I am still waiting for my really good day... it is going to be Dec. 15th... I will finally be done with school and I will be starting my 32 coues hunt... I can't wait!

I am still waiting for my really good day... it is going to be Dec. 15th... I will finally be done with school and I will be starting my 32 coues hunt... I can't wait!

Good luck, be sure to share your story and pics!

My best day was when I took my first coues buck 3 years ago. The next best day will be when I shoot my first elk and get my first kill with my bow in a week!!! ;)

My best day out in the field was 2 years ago I guided my Dad to his first coues whitetail kill. We spotted his buck first thing in the morning and stalked him for 2 1/2 hours before gettng a shot at him. Money can't pay for times like that.

I lost my dad last month. Last year he was on a muzzy hunt with me. As he was doing the radiation this summer he said "You know, if I'm feeling up to it I'd like to go out with you again this year". He will be with me on every hunt

rugerman my dad passed away 5 years ago and I still feel the same way, he is with me on every hunt.

Sorry for your loss rugerman.

While your dad may not be with you on the hunt ohysically, You can bet he will aways be with you and you will always think of him every time you go out. I am sure you will always recall that he wanted to do it with you again.

Man it's hard to say what the best day really was. The times out hunting in my younger days with my old man were pretty good. He taught me a lot. I'd have to say the same about my two brothers, cousin bo, uncles, friends, heck they've all been good.

Some of the more successful days that I've had have been when I go solo. Fortunately have had good success this way. For instance, one of the days that stick out the most, the first bear I ever did take. I had never hunted bears before in my life. As a matter of fact, I had probably only seen two bears in the wild that I can even remember.

Well one day a few years ago, I decided to go get a bear tag and go out huntin'. I got a late start that day, had been out to late the night before. Didn't even start til the afternoon. I headed down to 29 and started doing a little hikin' and glassin' four a couple hours. It was hot, sticky and the clouds were starting to build up. I was feelin' like crap from the night before too. Basically, I was gettin' ready to call it a day. Before I did, I sat down for about 15 minutes to do some glassing. After about 15 minutes of seeing nothing, I put my tripod and glasses away and just sat there for a minute taking in the country before heading back out to the truck. About 5 minutes passed, and all of the sudden, I heard some branches break. I looked in that direction and about 300 yards away, I could see something moving some trees around. I pulled up my 10's and looked right into the face of a frickin' bear. He appeared to be chompin' on some juniper berries, and lovin' every minute of it. He had drool comin' off of his face, chomping like a cow. I just sat there for a minute and watched him. He started to make his way into a pretty generous flat opening only about 150 yards away. Down below him, there was a stock tank full of water. I would later find all of his crap down this trail, so he pretty much lived in this area for a while.

Anyways, I waited a while to shoot just to make sure it wasn't a sow with a little squirt cub running behind her somewhere. I eventually ended up seeing his jewels as he was walking and as soon as I saw them, the game was on. I already had my bipod down and just easily squeezed the trigger. BOOM, he humped up a little bit and took off running about 40 yards, tried to tree himself, and just fell to the ground. That was it. First day bear huntin', within 3 hours of huntin' the afternoon, and I had me a big ol' bear. I was pretty stoked. He was pretty big. He measured out at 20 7/8. 1/8 away from the all time book. He was 13 years old from the cross section of his pre-molar. Beautiful cinnamon bear. I wish I had a digital picture to post. All I have are pictures and can't shrink the size to get it to post. Anyways, that was a pretty good day for me. Hope to have many, many more of them.

Cochranj