Sign in to follow this  
bonecollector777

First trip out and came back with 9 antlers!

Finally got some time to get out and look for some antlers this afternoon and got pretty lucky! Got out around 3:30 and hunted till about seven and found 2 decent browns, 5 good sized hard whites, and 2 old chalky gnawed on antlers. But all in all can't complain for only 3 hours of looking! About walked myself to death but had a lot of fun.

downsized_picture0005_zps1cdd9699.jpgIMG951295_zpsf5a172a3.jpg

• Like 1

wow 9 horns huh? in 3 hours? thats unheard of unless your on private property in northern NM near Raton which is near Vermajo park.

Naw, that's only unheard of if you're lazy and hunt for antlers around where you live. 3C is all I need. .

Wow!! Looks like a nice spot! New spot or one you have been going to for years?

This spot we skipped last year and hit it this year so it's got two years worth of antlers. We saw a lot of bulls still packing antlers so we will be back in there next week to hopefully find those others.

• Like 1

Shedhunter19, I know it's hard for you to fathom finding more than a couple antlers a year but most of us guys that get out and hit the hills hard are finding a lot of bone. Here is what I found in two days of hard walking. 12 antlers total photo11_zps50e6619a.jpgphoto10_zpsbf0970ad.jpgphoto13_zps7a512ea8.jpg

• Like 2