Sign in to follow this  
AZBUCKEYE

Time to learn unit 10

good luck on scouting -

unit 10 is getting more rain out of this monsoon season than ever - just storm after storm moving across the unit- this includes unit 7 and 8 - and all units along the upper Colorado.

be prepared for washed out draws /creeks and roads . standing water everywhere

That is was. Wow what a storm this past weekend. Made things real interesting for sure.

Can anyone give definitive info on accessing the boquillas ref the new agreement? I am very familiar with the ranch but have not receive a letter or any other info other than rumor. As a tag holder I really expected a note from azgfd on the issue.

Congratulations on a great buck! Way to get it done. Any story to go with the pictures?

Well the dust has settled and reflecting back on a hunt of a lifetime I have to first of all say I could not have done it without the help of my son Brandon and hunting partner Chad . it was truly a group effort to bring this hunt together. We spent many of days up front 5 straight prior to opening day to lock down 5 shooter bucks. From sunrise to sunset behind the 15’s and scopes we waited with the WOW buck as our #1 shooter roamed the plains. Opening day found WOW running with our #2 buck costume we named him costume after watching 2 archers dressed head to toe in be an antelope gear stalk him for 2 days, and 3 other bucks, that was not the norm for the past several days WOW had 11 does and his hands full up to opening morning. Could not seal the deal opening morning, Day 2 sunrise and there is WOW back with his girls 1 blown stalk and regroup for round two. Then he makes the fatal mistake could not resist the hot doe decides to break from the heard and follow her to a more private location for a nap. I said this is it make the move now well my first 10 steps find me stepping on a rattler did not know until my partner quietly freaking out informs me of what just happened nerves of steel (NOT) I press fwd. Soon Chad tells me I see his horns get ready as I do tripod extended full length one step at a time Chad Doe is up crap here we go seconds later Bucks up blurts out 400 some yards I set up standing off tri pod only shot bang I miss high rack one home bang who knows were that when my trusty 7mm went into auto pilot I think I here 400 something hold on hair boom down goes the wow buck and I tell you that 154 hornady SST behind a healthy dose of H4831 did a job big buck down look at watch 12:00 NOON STRAIGHT UP. GAME OVER.

Great buck, Congrats!