Sign in to follow this  
Tines

Am I missing something???

..... I did not make the rules

A bonus point can be purchased at the time of drawn for $7.50 , no further action required.

A bonus point is issued for applicants unsuccessful in the draw...not those that WERE SUCCESSFUL... if your card is rejected because you were successful and could not pay (even for reasons of no fault of your own....that is what happens).

I think that if you get your application in online, on time, get your application done correctly and they take your $7.50 that should gurantee you a bonus point and keep your loyalty point alive, no matter the outcome later. If this continues like this I see many people every year caught up in this, which I see as wrong.

Not doing your application correctly is on you, not having enough funds to cover a check or on your card is on you. A banking error or fraud is out of anyones control. Fraud is very prevelent and we can all fall victim to this with no recourse. The other problem we have as hunters are folks that dont agree with our life style, who's to say that the credit analysis watching your card isn't a card carrying member of PETA?

I stand firm that this should be addressed. JLG.

I've pointed this out in several threads, but I'll say it again: Simply add an eCheck option to the online process and 100% of online applicant issues are eliminated. Period. End of story.

• Like 1

..... I did not make the rules

A bonus point can be purchased at the time of drawn for $7.50 , no further action required.

A bonus point is issued for applicants unsuccessful in the draw...not those that WERE SUCCESSFUL... if your card is rejected because you were successful and could not pay (even for reasons of no fault of your own....that is what happens).

so like I said.....why touch the loyalty?

Arizona Federal Credit Union recently issued new debit cards to all of its members over the recent deal with the grocery store having a bunch of card numbers stolen. It was done very recently and it would really suck if anybody might have been rejected because they forgot or didn't think to update their info to G & F.

Redman: I know you did not make the rules. But first because we all know how forum talk can be misinterpreted I am not attacking Redman.He is just paraphrasing what is on the AZGFD's website. What I am saying is that lets change the rules. I know I am not going to get back my points. What I want is somebody else to not have to be in my position or that of those that were denied there points. What I want is that the next guy doesn't have to go through what I and others are going through. Just because rules are made does not mean they are right. This country was founded on and has survived by the changing of rules.That is why we vote. The people are the real voice in this matter. When we are asked we answer. Right or wrong we answer. That is all I am asking for, to consider changing the way points are given out a tiny bit.

But what I would like is to at least keep my loyalty point as I did try and put in for elk this year and by some weird turn of events my card was compromised a couple days before the draw and my bank didn't let me know. So I had no idea my card was bad until I called my bank the second day cards were getting charged and found out that it was shut off.

. I understand that there is something that says they can't charge your card without providing a service. And now this is me showing my ignorance on the matter, but they do cash your check if you send it in. Right? Is it something to do with card vs check? If that is the case if they still want to do online apps could they add a payment method where they charge your bank account directly, it would be the same thing as sending them a check I believe. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Jake

For the most part, the CC issuer does not provide a reason when they decline a charge. So G&F has no idea whether it was for an expired CC, over-limit charge or as you seem to indicate with your situation -- because of some sort of fraudulent use.

As for the electronic payment option, many people who have checking accounts also have debit cards that double as CCs. In either case, the funds for a debit or charge come directly out of the checking account. So rather than use a CC only, get a debit/credit card and use it.

And yes, the state law about accepting payment for goods or services before they are provided involves CCs only, not cash or checks.

Also, as for a plain ol' electronic charge to one's checking account, every year the department gets checks where the account is over-drawn.

I dont understand it myself. You should keep your loyalty point as soon as you apply and charged the 7.50. I haven't had a problem with my bank for any of the draws but I think I will be putting in with a check in the future.

I think for Elk, Antelope and Deer draws I will go back to paper and do a money order, until this is squared away. I am too old to be rooked out of my loyalty point for five years. Take Care, JLG.

I almost got hosed by my cc company this yr, I use the same card every time and even pre-ok charges. The system of numbers was hacked and my number was one of the ones that were compromised. I received no notification that my card was being shut down and the placed it on a temporary hold status. I was declined at Wally-Mart and simply used another card and thought nothing of it. A couple days later I was declined again and called my company. I was informed there is nothing they can do and the G&F charges if any, might be declined if the issue is not resolved. It was the last day to update cards, I ended up simply hanging up on him and calling the PHX office. They walked me through the process and she emailed all the family app receipts to me. One day later, I would have been screwed, NO FAULT OF MY OWN.

I think if you paid the app fee and at some point you were rejected, they should have a simple after the fact system to buy a BP and reinstate loyalty regardless of insufficient funds or card error.

Agreed, make it simplier than that, and just make getting your $7.50 application fee, with a correctly filled out online application the criterion, very simple, JLG.

Just an update. The department is fully aware of this "problem". There's no doubt that they didn't anticipate these issues when adopting the online system (like Tony mentioned). Supposedly they're working on some things.