Sign in to follow this  
codywyoming

Gotta love Iowa 2012

Here is a 171 inch brute I took in Dec. in Iowa...also a 130s deer I took in Kansas with my muzzle loader...2012 was a good year for me!

post-10786-0-80840200-1366511248_thumb.jpg

post-10786-0-62935300-1366511270_thumb.jpg

Thanks and YES 2012 was 3 big white tails a Bison, Mulie, big cow elk...and a nice Antelope here in Wyoming! I have already drawn a New mexico Unit 52 Antelope with my Muzzle-loader and a Burros Mt. Muzzle-loader Coues deer so I am off to a great start, I am pretty sure I should get my Nevada Muzzle-loader deer tag, will also hunt Kansas for deer and it is 50/50 in Iowa....lots of hunts in Wyoming...depending on the draw but at least I start hunting on August 10th and am not done till the week before Christmas! :D

Nice deer and congrats on the draws? If you don't mind my asking, where do you hunt in Iowa (grew up there)?

Sounds to me like you had somewhat of a good year. Are you kidding me? :o If only everyone could experience that much success in a year. Congratulations and I agree with lucky2hunt, great looking ground blind. Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see what this year brings. :)

TJ

Wow! Awesome! "brute" is a perfect description for both of those deer!

So now I have a question; No offence, but what on earth are you doing on THIS site??? lol With deer like that, what on earth could you be interested in a little coues deer?? ;)

In all seriousness though, welcome to the site and thanks for sharing!

S.

:)

I hunt Iowa and Kansas with my bow,but I've never killed deer like that!!!!Congrats on the hunting,and welcome to the site.

Nice deer and congrats on the draws? If you don't mind my asking, where do you hunt in Iowa (grew up there)?

I hunt Unit 5...

Wow! Awesome! "brute" is a perfect description for both of those deer! So now I have a question; No offence, but what on earth are you doing on THIS site??? lol With deer like that, what on earth could you be interested in a little coues deer?? ;) In all seriousness though, welcome to the site and thanks for sharing! S. :)
You crack me up! Well I have never hunted those little suckers you guys have in N.M. and we want to see how tough it is. I

drew a Unit 27 Muzzleloader tag...now I have a goal of atleast 100 inch deer...This will be a crazy challenge I know, but don't count me out yet! I do have one little advantage...my buddy got us a Gun Werks muzzleloader for the hunt so we can shoot effectively twice as far as most other muzzleloaders...I know not fair but give me a break we have a very short season and we have never been to the unit or hunted this little cridders you call gray ghost...and if they are ghost then we will need all the help we can get! So if anyone has hunted 27 in N.M. and "wants to help a brother out" or better yet tie one to a bush it would be

appreciated!

Sounds to me like you had somewhat of a good year. Are you kidding me? :o If only everyone could experience that much success in a year. Congratulations and I agree with lucky2hunt, great looking ground blind. Thanks for sharing and can't wait to see what this year brings. :)

TJ

The Blind is made by a company called Blind ambition...small company and pricey but after a few days in a field the deer are tototaly comfortable ..again without the blind it would have been very tough to make it happen...