Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

Senseless brutality

Thanks agin for all the prayers

Becky is finally back in the USA - naval hospital in San Diego

latest report -

Written 12 hours ago

Becky is all settled into her new room. She has her own nurses and the doctor has already visited. She had a CT and ultrasound this evening. The "team" of doctors will be in early tomorrow morning to give us an update and plan
Good night for now
  • Like 1

Thanks agin for all the prayers

Becky is finally back in the USA - naval hospital in San Diego

latest report -

Written 12 hours ago

Becky is all settled into her new room. She has her own nurses and the doctor has already visited. She had a CT and ultrasound this evening. The "team" of doctors will be in early tomorrow morning to give us an update and plan
Good night for now

Thank you for the continued updates. It's so sad, but I am glad she is already recovering as well as she has.

I heard the latest charges against the sadistic trio is attempted murder - they had basically left her for dead!

one can only hope that they somehow experience the same type brutality in prison - sorry but that's how I feel!

this just in from her husband -

"Becky continues to make great progress. It is amazing to think about how she was when I first saw her 2 1/2 wks ago and where she is now. God has certainly been working miracles. PT has worked with her a lot these last 2 days. She was up "walking" with a hemi-walker (a smaller type walker). With support, and helping with her right foot, she walked out to the nurses' desk. She has lifted her right leg and moved her right arm today!! Great to see her do this, but even greater was the expression on her face. A huge smile!! She knows she can do it!!
There is a new doctor following her now-he specializes in brain injuries. He said there is still bruising and as that continues to get better, we will see more and more progress.
We will be moving her to an inpatient facility within the next couple of days. The doctor said she only has to be there until she is "safe." Until she can move about on her own without falling. He said it could be only a week. Then she will continue with outpatient back here at Naval Medical.
There will be more transitions and changes in the next few days. Pray that we will settle in again at a new place. Pray for the skilled medical workers who will continue to work with Becky!
Thanks and love to all of you"

probably my lastreport till she actually goes home -

from her Mom --

Two short uplifting updates: The first that Becky was ok'd to eat anything she wants. Somebody brought her sushi :). Here's the second:

There are new movements everyday!! It is just great to see the smile on Becky's face! Today we took her for a ride outside...took her around the courtyard and the see the Fisher House where Sam and I are staying. Then a bit later, when her friend Joe came, we all went out again to get ice cream floats. She worked hard today in PT, OT and speech therapy. Went to the "gym" for physical therapy and did a bit of work on the parallel bars.

Still working on getting to an inpatient rehab. Sam plans on going to look at the two possibilities tomorrow. We did find out we could just stay at the Fisher House when she is inpatient elsewhere.

God is good and continues to lead us on this road we are on!

I'm hoping Becky has made a full recovery from such an awful event. I hope justice was served on these monsters.

Reading other members posts over the years, well it gives a small sense of knowing someone even if we have have not met. I did not see this post last yr and I'm shocked as I read it tonight.

God bless and I will pray she did in fact make a full recovery.

I hope she makes a full recovery. Our prayers are with her.

I'm not sure how I missed this one as well. Thoughts and prayers that Becky has recovered from her injuries and the emotional sterss she went through.

These guys should never see the outside of a prison ever.

How is she doing Gary?

TJ