Sign in to follow this  
couesdeerhntr

Anyone doing the over the counter archery turkey

Just seeing if anyone was going to be doin the archery turkey hunt this year? Was thinking about hunting unit 23 because i have never hunted it. Would love to go to unit 1or 27 but i have allready been cruzing up there alot to drive to new mexico for turkey and to be honest i want to stay a little closer to home. Hopefully i can find some turkey and get it done? I know there are other units but out of the other units i think 23 would be my best bet what do you guys think? I think u can hunt 4a and 4b as well

I will be heading up to unit 23 next thurs nite. Was there last weekend and the birds were gobbling pretty good in the mornings. Hopefully they will still be talking. I think 23 is a great choice, not too far from the valley and lots of turkeys. Couesdeerhuntr if you are going up alone and want to meet up you can pm me. Good luck everyone. Kirk

• Like 1

Would love to meet up because i will prob be solo but not going to be able to get up tell that following monday because i work thru sunday but thanks for the invite kimber. Pm me and let me know how it went an good luck to you kimber

Always have an OTC Turkey tag in my pocket in August. Always see turkey when deer hunting, and always enjoy turkey tag soup at the end of the Archery season. They are my achilles heel... I have thrown many arrows at them. They eye site is very sharp.I have a feeling that this is the year.

I'm hoping to get my tag and skip down the road from my house into 6A. With work deadlines and a sore shoulder, it will be tough though. If I can get a cortisone shot in my shoulder and meet my deadlines early, I'm going to try to get out for a morning or two, but it won't be until the 16th or 17th at the earliest. I was looking at Unit 27 after talking to a buddy of mine that hunts there, but, like you, its too far to drive for the limited time I have. Good luck!

I will be up in 4a4b area next 2 weekends 10th and 17th. Good luck. This is my first turkey hunt. Deer archery last year I didn't have a tag so I filmed 9 turkeys form 20 yards with my bow in my hand. Major bummer. Will have tag every year now

I wish the turkey tag was like the deer and you could use it in the spring and fall

I'm pretty sure it is. I asked AGFD that at the R2 office and they confirmed it, if memory serves me correctly. Of course, with as much as I have going on, its possible my memory is fuzzy on that.

• Like 1

I wish the turkey tag was like the deer and you could use it in the spring and fall

I'm pretty sure it is. I asked AGFD that at the R2 office and they confirmed it, if memory serves me correctly. Of course, with as much as I have going on, its possible my memory is fuzzy on that.

It is good for both. I'm going for a day or two up to Unit 1.

Brian

Brian

Glad you guys cleared that up for me because after reading this i looked at my otc tag that i got from walmart and it said nothing about spring turkey and just said resident turkey tag was hoping i didnt buy the wrong tag and i am glad to know i can use it in the fall as well if i am understanding you guys right

Brian

Glad you guys cleared that up for me because after reading this i looked at my otc tag that i got from walmart and it said nothing about spring turkey and just said resident turkey tag was hoping i didnt buy the wrong tag and i am glad to know i can use it in the fall as well if i am understanding you guys right

I just called the game and fish. Its true for Archery. You can buy your tag at Wal-Mart and go spring hunting. If you do not tag out you can go back in the fall. I'm taking my bow to check trail cameras

Glad my memory isn't as fuzzy as I thought!

• Like 1

This is a copy past out of the spring regs....

ARCHERY-ONLY NONpERMIt tAG REqUIRED SpRING tURKEY
Open Areas do not include areas within municipal parks, municipal preserves, county parks, county preserves, airports, golf courses, or posted water treatment facilities
(except as specifically opened in this Commission Order) or areas closed to hunting under A.R.S. Sections 17-303 and 17-304 or Commission Rules R12-4-301, R12-4-801,
R12-4-802 and R12-4-803.
Season Dates Notes Open Areas Legal Wildlife
May 10 - May 23, 2013 1, 4A, 4B, 6A, 12A, 23, and 27 Bearded turkey

That's good news about the tag, I didn't think about the tag just saying see hunt regulations. In the spring it's bearded only and fall it's any turkey. Thanks all