Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

Unit 1 archery bull

Yeah, I would like to space it out evenly but this statistical anomaly will make for an elk season that will be very hard to match and be one for the ages or a total bomb.

Had a fantastic day three days ago and got into a "bull pen". Saw 13 bulls and jumped many more that I couldn't quite identify horns but the tracks were obvious. Even though the wheat has not come in like the last two years and precipitation not as good as hoped it does appear we will have an average horn growth or better based on what I have seen to date. One herd had 6 bulls all with 6 points started. I don't ever expect we will match last years record horn growth but appears this year will still be very good.

Going to start placing trail cams soon. Should have had them out already but work has been busy. Hope to have some good pictures soon.

I had this Tag last year and it was a great hunt, was around the carnero lake area, bulls were screaming it was everything you would want a rut hunt to be. good luck this year to all those that drew this incredible unit

I'll be up In 27 next week for 10 days hiking,scouting,shed hunting, and fishing. My dad and little brother have the early archery bull hunt in 27! I can't wait for September! Hoping for lots of rain from now till then.

• Like 1

I'll be up In 27 next week for 10 days hiking,scouting,shed hunting, and fishing. My dad and little brother have the early archery bull hunt in 27! I can't wait for September! Hoping for lots of rain from now till then.

Doublelunger14,

Let me know how it goes.

Been getting lots of stuff on my cameras so far :rolleyes:

Jeff

• Like 1

Doublelunger14,

Let me know how it goes.

Jeff

Jeff,

I will let you know how it goes. I leave tomorrow! :)

Steven

Checked a few cams and nothing huge yet. One nice 6x6 that needs to keep growing. Going back up on the 18th to check them again and put some more out and hope to get a monster on camera!

Doublelunger14,

Let me know how it goes.

Jeff

Jeff,

I will let you know how it goes. I leave tomorrow! :)

Steven

Ive been enjoying myself up here so far. Seen some really nice bulls and mulley bucks in 27, saw a nice antelope buck in 27 as well. If anyone has the unit 1 tag PM me as I've seen 2 giants the last few days. Saw a 4x4 mulley already too in unit 3B. Hurry up September!