dtower

Going to Rocky Point

I've had luck with Kastmasters on the beach along Las Conchas. I would wade-out as far as I could at the lowest-tide, then wade/fish (waste-deep water or more) casting Kastmasters as far out as I could as the tide slowly came-in. I was using 6lb test and a pretty good sized Kastmaster on an open/spinning reel so I could get them WAY out there! When the fishing was hot I would get a nice one on (Corvina, Trigger, etc...) on almost every cast. Lots of fun!

Good luck!

S.

:)

PS: Watch-out for the Stingrays. One of them nailed me on the ankle and I paid dearly for it.....

I am sorry that some of you feel it is not safe to travel down to Rocky Point, I have grown up going down there , and 43 years later enjoy the time there with my family and daughter, and own two homes there. The Mexican people are very good folks, and value the Gringo tourism. Unfortunatley, our local media paints such a biased hype, that many people drink the koolaid they serve, and believe the tales they read. As 123456 stated, I feel safer in Cholla Bay, than Phoenix, There are no drive bys, armed robbery, or muggings. Life slows down south of the border, the fishing is good, the ocean is beautiful, I am there about every other week, and have never had a problem, nor know anyone who has. If you remember, it is their country, and respect their laws which dont differ much from ours, you will have no problems, and will have a great time.

• Like 3

I'm here now and no problems!!! I tried fishing out in front of the "wrecked at the reef" and caught nothing, Not really trying very hard though. I have a kite on the end of my surf pole right now and it works so well for that. Booked a fishing boat trip but red flag conditions this morning forced us to re-schedule for tomorrow(hopefully) $40 bucks per person on the "margarita'. I will let you guys know how that goes.

Reporting from RP

DT

• Like 1

Thats fuuny. I fish on the margarita when i go down there. The captain is martin. Hes a local and is very good.

Well fishing was great. I don't know how it could have been any better? We actually got tired of catching fish and came in an hour early. We caught Se' Bass (that's Spanish for Sea Bass),Trout, Buck toothed Trigger Fish and catfish(did not know there were salt water cats). It was fun morning.

Reporting from RP (till Friday)

DT

Where can I meet up with Martin when I go down? Phone number, etc?

More D

• Like 1

More D

I don't have a # , we just went down to the dock and did the deal. Seemed weird but it all worked out.

i wouldnt go, thats just me.

"The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time."

Jack London

i did my living while i was in the army. now my job is to try and get my daughter ready and secure a future for her.

I thank you for your service and God bless you and your descent, but I must ask .. and also to AZLance... I travel to Rocky Point, Caborca, Nogales, Hermosillo in another words, all over the state of Sonora 6 to 7 times per year... What's the problem with traveling there? To dangerous? Please explain.

Ernesto C

The only danger IS to you wallet. Once you come here you want to keep coming back.!!! Sorry to hijack your reply , but we need to talk about a Mexico deer hunt 2014, I know your the man to talk to. PM me.

Ok guys I'm really busy........looks like we are going to rent jet skis on sandy beach in front of our resort (Bella Sirena)

Reporting LIVE from RP

DTower

More D

I don't have a # , we just went down to the dock and did the deal. Seemed weird but it all worked out.

Just notice on my "paperwork" a phone # 638 386 1436 ? hope that helps?

DT