Sign in to follow this  
6ANut

Heading to Kauai

Honeymoon here we come, get ready liver your gonna get drunk.

Heading for a week to Kauai, never been but have some friends that have. They gave us a few starting points but I want your HONEY HOLES. Just seeing if any fellow CWT members have any HONEY HOLES I need to see, eat or visit.

I went to kauai for our anniversary/honeymoon a few years ago. Awesome time! We were there for 5 days which was plenty to see most everything on the island.

Things we saw which were cool were;

1.Waimea canyon, basically the grand canyon but prettier

2. Wailua river tour, takes you to fern grotto and a very nice boat tour.

3. If you like coffee, visit kauai coffee plantation on the south shore. Very good and fresh coffee

4. Hanalei Bay, north shore. Awesome Burger joint on main st, beautiful waterfalls as you eat, cool beach cove to check out afterwards.

5. From Waimea canyon coninue up the hill and you will come to a parking lot. Take the hike up the hill and it lets you look out over the famous Napali clifffs. Breathtaking views

Places to eat;

1. The Beach House which is simply amazing but is also about $120 meal for two. Located on south shore Kauai

2. Cant remember the name but that burger place in Hanalei was one of my favorites just due to the scenery while eating on the porch.

3. PlEnty of small cafe's here and there or even fast food in Lihue if you want a quick bite to eat while on the go.

4. On the way to Waimea Canyon you will pass a great little cafe on the left. You cant miss it

The south shore has kind of a strip mall that has shopping, eating, etc but is setup very touristy and kind of cool looking. The north shore is more of the high end homeowners etc, gets much more rain than the south shore, and is very pretty compared to south shore. More of the jurassic park look. You can drive from one end of the island to the other in under an hour. There is only one highway that goes from north to south side.

I could go on forever but thats probably enough for now. Have fun and dont forget to relax. Lol

Forgot to add, south shore hardly gets any rain, north shore gets 86" of rain a year. Depending on what you like that might help your decision making. The center of kauai is the wettest spot on earth. Gets 500" of rain a year. Its a peak and you can drive to it and walk partially up it. We did and talk about humid. Lol

Guest 300ultramag.

Princeville-Bubbas Burger-Zip line and the snorkeling at the end of the road national park past hanelai.. if you can get to the reef theres turtles if not huge fish to swim with in clear water

Sweet thanks guy, keep it coming. I have always said this is the best site on the net who needs Google when I got fellow CWT Members.

You won't be disappointed,so much great hiking and ocean to be discovered!

http://www.kauaiexplorer.com/hiking_kauai/

Highly recommend this:

http://www.kauaiexplorer.com/hiking_kauai/hanakapiai_hike.php

Congrats and enjoy!

Az

post-898-0-88068600-1369944832_thumb.jpg

post-898-0-24549800-1369944881_thumb.jpg

post-898-0-65129600-1369944918_thumb.jpg

post-898-0-64484000-1369944983_thumb.jpg

+1 on the coffee. I did quite a bit of snorkeling, and there are a lot of different species of fish right offshore. One Afternoon we decided to try and fish from shore, and what a blast. I spoke with the locals, and they taught me how to actually catch fish from shore. We tied balloons onto our lines, and was able to get our lines out to deeper water with ease. We ended up catching 5-6 hammerhead sharks, and a few travoli. I think they were called travoli. The hammerheads were all between 2-4 ft. long and were a riot to catch. I had one that I reeled in halfway, and then a huge tug on my line, and I reeled up half of a 3 ft. hammerhead.

Kauai was beautiful, and a lot more low key than Maui or the big island. Enjoy your trip!!

123456 did you have to get a license? We both want to do some fishing.

I fly fished in some of the lakes for peacock bass. Stop into the local fishing shop and ask them. It's was blast. The other days were spent on beach drinking tai chi's

Waimea canyon is really cool to see. I really liked the north shore. The wife and I spent the day up there and I snorkeled with a bunch of sea turtles. One of the coolest memories of the trip. I cant remember the name of the beach now but it was all the way at the end of the road on the north shore. Snorkel bobs was where we got all our stuff from. The island is great and you will have a blast. When you see someone selling fresh Pinneapple get some!!! Its so good. Watch for chickens and roosters while driving around!!!

Was there in 2001 with my wife. Are there still chickens running wild everywhere? Each touristy viewpoint stop, the chickens would make mad dashes out of the forest to be the first one to get something free from you! Pretty funny, actually. We also saw quite a few seals, sea turtles, rare geese. When we went up the mountain on the northwestern side (I think), the area was beautiful and really green, but quite cold at the top where we stopped to picnic. South shore was definitely warmer and drier. Blowhole was near our hotel. Took a helicopter tour of the middle of the island and got to see some awesome waterfalls!!!