rossislider

Sendero Stock Trigger vs Timney vs Shilen

I was recently talking to my gunsmith about putting a Timney trigger on my Remington Sendero 300 RUM. He recommended I stick with the adjustable stock trigger for a while because I might like it and could save myself some money. He also suggested that if I do decide to switch out the trigger that I should also consider a Shilen. He said he has had more requests for Shilen triggers recently and really likes them.

Anyone have much experience with the Sendero's adjustable trigger vs Timney vs Shilen?

Thanks

• Like 1

I hated the xmark pro on my sendero. Took it off and installed a fully adjustable remington trigger (old style) which i like more than the timney. If you have the xmark pro (the one that has the allen head sticking out of the trigger) i would remove it and go with timney. I have no experience with a shilen.

• Like 1

All three of my rem 700s have the original factory trigger (pre X-mark) set to 2.75 lbs, which is about as low as you can get them without having problems with the safety. I absolutely love them and 2.75 lbs is plenty clean and crisp for me. In recent discussions with a gunsmith, if I were to swap them out to go lower, which I'm considering, I would go with a Jewell. Tried one of those on a custom rifle and it was set for 1.5 lbs. All I can say is WOW! Know nothing about Shilen triggers and have heard enough about the new factory Rem triggers that I'll keep my old-school ones or switch to Jewell.

I have heard the jewell can be very sensitive to dust and dirt , i have excellent luck with ol style remington and timney triggers

Rossislider,

My gun is being built right now andy gunsmith and I had the same talk about triggers. He basically said the same, when it's done shoot it for a while and if I like it I just saves money if not just by a new trigger. He also recommended a timney if I buy one for a hunting rifle and a Jewell for bench.

Well, I went out and shot the new 300 RUM this morning. Love the rifle, and the Badger Thruster brake I put on it minimizes the recoil to where it feel like shooting my .243. However, the factory trigger is definitely not happening. Thinking I'm going to give the Timney a try.

Just had my stock Sendero Trigger redone and it is SWEET!! I have yet to put an aftermarket trigger on any gun and have triggers that most say are too light for their liking...Hahaha. I am a punch rifle shooter so a light trigger is key to my shooting consistently. Best of luck!

Any trigger is better than the X-mark pro. They all pretty much suck in my opinion. I've had some shilen triggers. They are pretty good for the money. I really like jewel triggers but they are double the price

Just had my stock Sendero Trigger redone and it is SWEET!! I have yet to put an aftermarket trigger on any gun and have triggers that most say are too light for their liking...Hahaha. I am a punch rifle shooter so a light trigger is key to my shooting consistently. Best of luck!

Who does your trigger work and what does it cost?

Who does your trigger work and what does it cost?

I have a local guy do it... He is swamped busy(waiting list busy) and his pricing is very affordable.... I wanna say it was like $35 or $55 on the trigger but not sure.... We just turned my 300 sendero into a 300Wby Mag and blue printed the action, muzzle break, trigger, and I am dying to get the new scope on it!!!

I have heard the jewell can be very sensitive to dust and dirt

Only if users don't follow the manufacturers instructions.

Older style remmy triggers are great if tuned right

Been looking at the Shilens this afternoon but it looks like I would also need a safety kit and bolt release, in addition to the Shilen trigger, to swap out the x-mark. But I couldn't find those other two components anywhere. Anyone else run into this?