wapitibob

Specific tag number

Does anyone know how the dept allocates the specific tag number that's assigned to an individuals tag?
I drew tag no 00015 for a hunt as a NR and assumed I was the 15th tag drawn for that hunt code but looking at the 2013 draw report, that can't be the case.
My contact at the dept is on the road and unable to provide specifics so I thought I would query the collective.

You got the 15th tag for that hunt #. Not sure what issue you are having.....?

If the Bonus Pass draw report is correct, I couldn't have drawn the 15th tag because there were 46 who drew with more points than I had. I was in the 11 point pool. I have a report that shows all NR tags were drawn in that bonus round so I couldn't have drawn it in the 1-2 pass.

I'm not complaining, just trying to make sense of the discrepency.

post-2568-0-35386200-1369970815_thumb.jpg

Could be some value for all of us readers for future applications if we can help sort out what transpired.

• Like 2

There is 350 tags for that hunt. 20% is 70 tags. You were in that range. I would not worry, you have a great tag. Good luck on your hunt!

What tag did you draw? The thumbnail screen shot you attached looks like you are referring to Hunt #3117 which has 350 permits. A 20% bonus point pass would take up 70 of the available permits with as many as 35 available to Non-residents. Need a little more information to figure it out.

Hello Bob,

I was able to talk with our draw section this morning to determine the sequence of issuing permit 15 for hunt 3117. Here is what happened. During the initial computer draw, you were unsuccessful in drawing an elk permit. However, the person who drew permit 15 had a bad credit card and was rejected. We reissue permits from rejected applications by going to the next application that would have been drawn. Your application was the next one. When this happens, we just reissue the same permit number rather than generating a new one.

In the initial draw, permit numbers are issued sequentially regardless of residency.

Thanks Amber, always a pleasure. I got your email. I hope the meetings are going well and they're not taking their frustrations out on you.

As a non resident, I'm impressed that I have seen a cpl different Game Dept employees taking the time to provide info on this forum. I never mentioned this thread or web site to Amber yet she took the time to sign up and post.

That is what I originally posted then edited it......someone had a bad credit card...you were next in line....glad you got to the bottom of this and thanks to Amber for clarifying.

Hello Bob,

I was able to talk with our draw section this morning to determine the sequence of issuing permit 15 for hunt 3117. Here is what happened. During the initial computer draw, you were unsuccessful in drawing an elk permit. However, the person who drew permit 15 had a bad credit card and was rejected. We reissue permits from rejected applications by going to the next application that would have been drawn. Your application was the next one. When this happens, we just reissue the same permit number rather than generating a new one.

In the initial draw, permit numbers are issued sequentially regardless of residency.

One more reason to hand carry or mail in your apps with a money order or check

• Like 1

One more reason to hand carry or mail in your apps with a money order or check

I have done paper for years and will continue to do so. Unfortunately, the one guy with 15 or someone with 12 just got knocked back several years in the draw process.

This might be a good time to send comments to the Game Dept with regards to how they handle CC rejections. NM calls rejects and perhaps AZ can do the same. I don't have this years reject codes so I don't know the number for CC's specifically but total Elk/Ant rejects was 1,962. If most of those were from cards, the task of calling them could be daunting.

Hello Bob,

Thank you for taking the time to look into this and explain it here in the forum Amber! You are always a wealth of factual information, thank you.

• Like 2