darrcolburn

Bowhunter Happening July 19-21 Mormon Lake

Here is the info for the 2013 Bowhunter Happening. New for this year Mormon Lake will be having a live band and beer garden Friday and Saturday nights. Prices are $65 for a family and $40 for an individual and that includes unlimited shooting Friday, Saturday and Sunday. Courses and registration will open at 7 am. We will have lots of vendors, raffles and give aways. The Paul Line Big Bear Course is always a big hit with the 8 and under crowd. We hope to see you all there!

2013_BHH_Flyer(2).pdf

I will take the beer and the band along with the shooting. Sounds like a good time. That flyer does not really have any info on it tho.. What time does it start and how much is it? Is there payouts?

I will take the beer and the band along with the shooting. Sounds like a good time. That flyer does not really have any info on it tho.. What time does it start and how much is it? Is there payouts?

All great questions, id like to know them too.

For anyone interested this is the reply I got from the president of Arizona Bowhunters.

The courses open at 7. The cost is $65 for a family and $40 for individual. This is for unlimited shooting Friday, Saturday and Sunday. This is a fun shoot so there is not a competitive course or any payouts. We will have a couple of novelty shoots that will have prizes for the best shot/highest score. Hope you can make it and let me knowing you have any other questions.

It was fun last year. Courses were well laid out, several vendors and food. The beer and band should be fun. There is a "camp ground" just past the bar/restaurant/store/stables, but it fills up quick. May be by reservation...not sure. There is open camping in the surrounding national forest. There is a FR to the left just before the store/bar. It goes up the hill. The best spots are taken early, but shouldn't be a problem. You can go through town and take the road up Mormon Mnt. for more camping options.

Haven't been in years but it was always a great time. I'm working every weekend for the next month or so. :(

I can't wait, gonna be lots of fun!!

Man I used to love that shoot. Used to go when I was at the U of A. We had some great times up there for sure. A bit far for me now. Hope you all have a blast. Used to slay the northerns before happy hour:)

• Like 1

Thanks for the heads up naturegirl, I didn't even give the rain a thought. I will be dragging my rain gear out tonight.

GBA