Sign in to follow this  
Buckhunter

2 cams stolen does any one know this set up?

This location is in 23south. I hiked in and found a small tank and decided to put a cam on it, after walking around i found there was a cam on a tree locked with a chain in a box. so I told myself i leave it here for 2 weeks then take it down. I came back on Wed. and found quad tracks in the trail with bits of fresh alfalfa on the ground. Came to the tank and and both cams gone.

Does anyone on this site have this set up on a tank in 23south. I kinda have a suspision but it doesn't matter without evidence or visual proof of who. Oh well cost of hunting and scouting on public.

post-2044-0-99399100-1371225902_thumb.jpg

post-2044-0-44998900-1371225940_thumb.jpg

i have learned never put a cam on any waterhole anymore...the all get stolen, lock boxes dont mean crap. Find a trail going into the water. Sorry for your loss.

im not upset. thats the first cam ive put on water in a long time and thought maybe theres a chance it wont get stolen in the 2 week time frame.

Thats a bummer. Goes to show if they want it, they'll get it lock or not.

+1

Set up another box, but instead of a camera inside, catch you a rattler and stuff him in there.

Be sure to set up a 2nd cam to catch the action. And then post the video here for all us to enjoy.

• Like 3

anymore I focus on hiding the cam more than how hard I make it for them to steal them. They'll get it if they want it. But they cant get it if they never see it.

• Like 2

Spypoint makes a cam that sends the pictures to a storage box wirelessly that you hide. It's like back up. And there are no payments like there are for the other wireless cams.

Sorry they got you.

I just don't understand others obsession to steal cameras. Why spend the time and effort to take someones used camera when you can go out and buy a brand new one and probably spend less money? The last one I had taken was in a fairly hard to get to area and they took everything but the roots of the tree it was on.

22 and 23 are notorious for tampered/stolen/destroyed cameras.

That looks like a tank in the soldier camp area. What is really sad is that it happens so much across so many units. It's not just a few people ,it's a whole bunch of them. I would feel like such a scumbag i messed with someone else's gear, but it seems there are many that must feel proud of their actions. What's sad also is that some guys mess with others stuff just to get at the animals in the area for themselves, and then brag about those animals to everyone when they get them. I feel for you losing your 2 cams.

sorry to hear that your cam was stolen!

are you thinking rancher or hunter?

hang em high!

the cams too.../ take a climbing stick and hang it up higher in the tree. can't steal it if you can't reach it!

James

I don't use cams and this makes me glad I don't . Maybe put AZGF "Arizona game finder" you gotta out fox a fox

The other can is not mine. I have also put cams 14 ft up trees with no branches and had then stolen too. Its the part of the game. I feel bad for the other guy who has to hike In and find out his box didn't work either.