Sign in to follow this  
bigrackhunter14

i think hes a shooter...or not?

i was making space on my SD cards and forgot about this antelope. what do you guys think about this antelope? i have never been drawn for antelope but would not pass this guy first day. is he big or just a baby still or record or.....??? i do not know much about antelopes so please share your knowledge. thanks

post-10394-0-13171400-1373497397_thumb.jpeg

post-10394-0-94896700-1373497609_thumb.jpeg

DEAD buck walking!!!

+ 1 for sure! :)

TJ

Uh heck yeh. Wide as heck too

He's really not all that big, and might not even score 70. If it was your first buck, he's certainly a nice representative of the species, with nice horn shape. But, for Arizona, he's just average in most areas.

• Like 1

He's really not all that big, and might not even score 70. If it was your first buck, he's certainly a nice representative of the species, with nice horn shape. But, for Arizona, he's just average in most areas.

+1.......its all about what your looking for?? ask yourself if he fits what you want in a goat!...tags are hard to come by! could you do better?? perhaps yes! ...do you want better?? or take him and wait for another tag to take a bigger one?? it all about you bud!... ;) ! happy hunting!

I have been told that of you imagine the ears sticking straight up and they don't touch the base of the cutters then your looking at a above average buck. I have never been drawn for speed goat either but I think I would have a hard time passing on him. Thanks for the post. JS

hes pushen 80 " the pro is alittle of at 70" , if you like him take him , ive seen the pro hunters do worse. good luck

yes they are right on from elk scouting last year. have one cam in same tree right now. will post pics of him if i get him strutting his stuff in front of my cam again. i wish i had a tag but i guess antelope gods do not like me with 13...... or 14 bps.

He's a pretty buck but score wise he doesn't measure well. Nice thing about antelope is you can kill one that doesn't make the books but is still good looking on the wall.

-Dave King

• Like 1