Does anybody on here put there own fletching on their arrows?

If you do what kind of setup do you use? I went shooting today and I had fletching come off of 4 of my arrows and I do not want to have to pay over $5 per arrow if I can repair the fletchings.

Does anybody on here put there own fletching on their arrows?

If you do what kind of setup do you use? I went shooting today and I had fletching come off of 4 of my arrows and I do not want to have to pay over $5 per arrow if I can repair the fletchings.

An arizona ez fletch works great, is easy to use, and no reason to pay a shop to fletch your sticks. Go for it.

I'll second the Arizona EZ fletch. I bought one since they are "cheap" if I didn't like fletching my own. I practiced on about 1/2 dozen of some old arrows that I don't shoot anymore.

I fletched these in about an hour and half. I probably shot enough to know the fletching isn't coming off and I've banged a few together.

post-499-1159505814_thumb.jpg

you might check out the new bohning shrink fletches...all you do is slide them on and put into hot water and they shrink to fit. pretty awesome deal. also, because of how they are built, you cannot loose a single fletching.

I'll third the az-ez fletch for cost, and convenience. If you want more options on how you want to fletch your arrows then bitzenburger is the way to go.

Bitzenberger/

Takes a while to get it configured to where you want it. but once your done, your done until you want to change it again. And it allows options. I put a good helix on my fletchings. Otherwise definately a good option to think about. especially if you like to tinker with things.

I was looking at the Arizona EX Fletch and for the price it looked good and it looked like it was the easiest to use.

Also another question. My fletchings on my new arrows are coming unglued and it is the same fletching on all of them. Is this a fault by the manufacturer or is it possibly my whisker bisquit tearing the fletchings off?

AZ EZ FLETCH RIGHT HELICLE.

Whisker buiscuts WILL ruin your fletchings but should not be tearing your glue off. Use Fast-set gel.

I've never used a wisker biskut, and now I use a drop away rest. But in the past when I used a regular rest if one fletching kept coming off of several different arrows I knew I had a clearance issue.

Which model WB are you using? Does it have the stiff brown "arrow support" on the bottom? Mine does, and I had to rotate my arrow so that the fletching cleared that, or else the fletching would start to come off.

Try adding a drop of glue at the start of the fletch that covers the top of the fletch and arrow. Just a dab. It will help to keep the fletch from tearing. If the fletch is coming off along the length... something was not done right.

I was looking at the Arizona EX Fletch and for the price it looked good and it looked like it was the easiest to use.

Also another question. My fletchings on my new arrows are coming unglued and it is the same fletching on all of them. Is this a fault by the manufacturer or is it possibly my whisker bisquit tearing the fletchings off?

i went through the same thing with my wb and loosing one fletch. You need to realign your wb, either move it in or out or up or down because the reason you are loosing that fletch is that it is hitting the wb uneven. once i got mine lined up right, i have not had any trouble loosing fletchings. that has been my experience.

twoguns

Like coueshunter84 said the Bitzenberger is adjustable so you can put different angles on your vanes. You can also use a straight or helical clamp with it. With the faster setting glues we have now days you also have more control of how you are gluing the fletches on over some other jigs. It is slower than an ezfletch but you have better control and more options.

Do you know what brand and type of fletch you are using that is coming off?