Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Off road travel to retrieve Big Game

how many of U archery hunters have the balls to say you have stuck animals and did not find the animal and two days later found it and took nothing but the horns?

Well after 2 days what else would you take??? Sure the right thing to do is to cut the antlers off put your tag on it call it a season....seems kinda chicken sh!t that you throw the archery hunters under the bus. When rifle hunts have lost animals as well..and If you have done any hunting at all you know that could be a possibility no matter what weapon you chose..

• Like 2

i've seen bulls with there headfs cut off left to rot by pouchers. now thats BS

I dont remember who it was that mentioned how they moved at lightning speed to pack out elk but im assuming they hunt in big groups.. see im usually hunting archery elk solo.. put in alone and hunt alone, not sure what buddy would take off 2 weeks to help me pack animal out. this last year i shot cow by waterhole she traveled 30yards maybe.. i as usually relied on couple really cool hunters i met while on my hunt to help me get her in truck so i could get her to camp and in tree. i helped someone else do same thing the night before. now i am finicky and take every single piece of edible meat so maybe this is where we all differ???? see to some it is unethical to leave the main rd and for others like myself it is basically a sin to waste 1 single morsel of edible critter! a few on here would attest to this with me.. see someone could tell me how awesome they are about killin and packing out and having it in truck in hour but, well, im betting the coyotes eat well after these guys. I recruited help then spent all night skinning and cleaning and wrapped her in sheet while hanging with ice packed around hind end so as it melted and ran down body breeze would chill the meat then slept till noon layed her whole body down center of truck wrapped in sleeping bags and delivered to butcher in camp verde.. i saw 3 elk come in while i was there that were full of hair and pine deedles, turning green and just looked like crap..

If packing meat out is something that makes you feel all warm and fuzzy then good for you! if driving in on dry land (not muddy) is what you do then gr8 and be sensible! if wood cutting is what you do then well your already guilty as far im concerned cuz you all make your own rules from what ive seen!!! and as far as quads and other atv's are concerned although i love riding i have to say more bad people than good so i kinda wish they would all be banned. yes i believe the non hunting idiots outweigh the hunter idiots but fact is quad riding hunter idiots hide within our ranks and we should report every single one of them..

Some day these liberties will all be gone.. we are losing rights at pretty fast pace so enjoy while you can! And frown at every yuppy flatlander who has better toys than you just cuz you can!!! Road wreckin, dirt makin, speed law breakin, livin on credit jerks! :)

You guys are entertaining. If you in the situation and have a dead bull elk 100yrds off a road and you could easily get you vehicle to it and not make ruts or get stuck you telling me your going to quarter and pack it out??? I would bet I know the awnser..let me guess your going to quarter it ou and pack it out...lol your fooling yourself...this is the do as I say and not as I do mentality..get over yourself..

dang ROAD HUNTERS! :)

enforce the laws we have......

plenty of people hike to find their sheds, but every season we go out there are quad tracks everywhere.

James

• Like 3