Sign in to follow this  
MULEPACKHUNTER

Off road travel to retrieve Big Game

Don't shoot it if you cant get it out!

One day you might be 75 years old and still want to hunt or take your grandchild hunting.

Just a thought.

There will come a day when I will no longer hunt!!! Then I will have to beg for a hunk of venison! Even now I welcome help when I have a animal down meanwhile while waiting for old age to set in I will quater & pack & help others to do so when asked!

Can't argue witth any of these comments.

• Like 1

i will say there are some exceptions like a bad back. that shouldn't keep you from hunting maybe they could come up with a disabilaty permit so you could retrieve and im not saying i haven't drove to an elk and not everybody is derespectfull of the forest. like the rule reads drive in and out on one path. i feel for you with you bad back , mine smarts every now and again and it sucks. if you want pm me and ill give you my number so if your ever around payson and need help ill get a possie together for you.

• Like 1

/>

I'm personally not in favor of more regulations on us. The people that are causing the damages are going to continue doing what they do and the ones that have a higher level of respect for the land will ultimately be the ones suffering. I'm experiencing it first hand here on the Kaibab National Forest with woodcutting right now.

X2

• Like 1

Sorry guys think i have used 4 wheels to retrieve every elk i have killed! yes im disabled but even before all that... straight in straight out.. i usually hunt alone and rather like the way my elk meat tastes when handled in this manner. :) and if they change this or have changed guess that is just 1 more right i have had taken from me this last few years and adds to why im almost, ALMOST done with hunting! soon all the poop talkers will have it to themself and will soon after realize all the bad unproductive laws they helped sign in. :(

• Like 1

Dumbest thing I have ever heard ,they are thinking of making you pay if you use a animal to haul your animal out how do you feel about that.

leave your mule at home and walk.or pay.every road off the pavement has ruts who of you drive anywhere off the pavement to camp is that any differerent not really,

hunters who care won't drive a cross a meadow to cause deep ruts i won't but that doesn't stop everyone I have packed and deboned more animals then you kids proablably ever will but hunt some of the lower units when your by yourself and it's 102 degrees then ask if you wish you could drive closer to retrieve you meat thats turning green,

Seldom Drawn

• Like 1

One day you might be 75 years old and still want to hunt or take your grandchild hunting.

Just a thought.

Just a thought.

Hey DB....are you back from that Island Paradise? :rolleyes:

I spend a lot of time in the woods out of all the animals I have ever killed I only traveled off road to retrieve one of them and that was because I had a broken hip and foot. I also do a lot of wood cutting I rarely get the opportunity to drive right up to my wood I usually end up packing it to the truck sometimes 50 or more yards away. The fact is I have packed a bunch of stuff along ways out of some pretty nasty stuff by my self. I just don't like it when some people think they have the rite to tell other people what they can and cant do. I have helped several people get unstuck out of places they had no business driving a vehicle trust me I asked them why they were there in the first place. There's a bunch of things I don't like to see on my mountains but I will not press the subject to get rid of those things because its your mountain to and as much as I would like to have the forest to myself that would just be the wrong thing to do

• Like 1

More people = More rules because there are more idiots! We have to find a way to cull the idiots or cut back the entire population! One good natural disaster could solve this problem! Gods nature works in mysterious ways!

Well the dune crowd does more damage to forests over the holiday weekends than anyone that retrieves a downed animal. Maybe we should try to ban ATVs. All this garbage talk only makes more rules for the people that have respect for the land the idiots will still tear the forest up..

I think if they were to put this law in place it would be discrimination against the elderly and the disabled, and would mean hunting is only for the young and the fit...

• Like 2

/>Well the dune crowd does more damage to forests over the holiday weekends than anyone that retrieves a downed animal. Maybe we should try to ban ATVs. All this garbage talk only makes more rules for the people that have respect for the land the idiots will still tear the forest up..

I'd have to agree with that. Go up north any holiday weekend and see all the quads and see all the quads and utv's burnin up the roads. If ur gonna ban that let's talk about shed hunting. Ban that and that'd be half ur off road drivers.

You guys are entertaining.

If you in the situation and have a dead bull elk 100yrds off a road and you could easily get you vehicle to it and not make ruts or get stuck you telling me your going to quarter and pack it out??? I would bet I know the awnser..let me guess your going to quarter it ou and pack it out...lol your fooling yourself...this is the do as I say and not as I do mentality..get over yourself..

• Like 3

You guys are entertaining. If you in the situation and have a dead bull elk 100yrds off a road and you could easily get you vehicle to it and not make ruts or get stuck you telling me your going to quarter and pack it out??? I would bet I know the awnser..let me guess your going to quarter it ou and pack it out...lol your fooling yourself...this is the do as I say and not as I do mentality..get over yourself..

Not me. If that elk is 100 yards off the road, I am going to back my truck right up to that sucker....and load him in. As long as I am legally able to do so, of course.

• Like 6