truehunter

Long Range Accubond

Does anyone know when the new long range accubond bullets will be out. They are advertising them. thought they were suppossed to come out in March but never did.

Just wondering if anyone has any idea on this

thanks

They have produced and sold some but they are in such high demand that they sell out within minutes. Use the product arrival notification on midway and act quickly when they get them. I was able to get some of the 30 cal 210 grain. Working on developing a load for my 300 win mag.

Midway and others are still saying coming soon and I haven't seen anyone taking pre-orders. Definitely looks like these will be worth trying!

Like KWP mentioned, they are in high demand and sell out fast. The only ones that I've seen available ar the 270 cal and the 308 (210 grain).

There are some reviews on another website stating that the b.c. are exaggerated and fall somewhere between close to the berger 210 grain bullets.

KWP- when did you receive your shipment of the 308? I've been on midways list for a while and haven't received any notifications.

Edited by azgutpile

I was on Midway's notification and a couple months ago they got a shipment in and sold out within 20 minutes and I missed it. I searched around and found some from 10x tactical outfitters. They were $2 per box more than midway and later that day raised their prices even more. I shot 20 a few weeks ago and have loaded up 20 more that I hope to shoot in the next couple weeks. I am working on developing a load for accuracy then will do drop tests to verify BC.

Be interesting to test out. bergers are nice but they just destroy everything they hit. Thanks for the response

And what they hit don't run off. Thats why I like em.

• Like 2

I have found the 210s to be quite accurate. BCs are no where near published. They are however very close to the 210 VLD.

• Like 1

I predicted the BCs to be somewhere around what the Amax is offering as they both have the same bullet design and polymer tip. Sounds like I wasn't to far off. I knew there was no way they were getting 80-90 points higher than a berger just by looking at them. I hate the way Nosler calculates BC.

I forget exact numbers but the weight variances between bullets (ALR) is very small. At least with the lot I have. They are even a bit better than the 208s I have. They are very consistent. The base to ogive measurements are extremely consistent as well. As good as the last lot of bergers I measured.

The nose profile of the 208 is slightly sleeker than the 210 ALR whereas the boat tail of the ALR is more aggressive. Whatever the differences, the ALR while close in BC to the 208, is slightly less than the 208.

While many are pissed off that the BCs aren't close to published, I'm happy that there is finally a bonded bullet designed for controlled expansion with a true BC on par with the VLDs that will also expand at lower than 1800'sec impact velocities. With their rapid expansion, they in theory should provide the quick kills seen with bergers and amax's. Time will tell.

With their lower velocity for expansion properties, they're a dream come true for a 308 enthusiast like me. I'm already starting out with velocities on the lower end. With the 190 Berger, at 5000' I'm limited to 750 yards for reliable expansion even though there is still nearly 1400# of mathematical energy. With the 190 ALR (assuming its BC is near the VLD) I'll have expansion past 1K and the magic 1000# of energy at 1K.

I wouldn't hesitate at all to shoot the berger past the 750 you have calculated especially with that bullet carrying that kind of energy. I have never had one not perform like they are supposed to even at very long ranges. If the berger did fail and by that I mean not penetrate 3-4" before fragmenting causing the massive internal damage that I know and love, it would act much like the accubond in terminal performance, expanding at least a little bit and poking a hole through the animal leaving a blood trail to follow or coming to rest somewhere inside the animal.

• Like 1

I still don't trust bergers on some of the larger species that I hunt regularly. Coues, antelope, deer and such, ok. Moose? No thanks.

pwrguy shot a Alaska/Yukon moose with one of my rifles a few years of with a VLD and it did fine. Then again, no shoulder bones were involved and it was 300 grains and 338 diameter. From what I saw, I'd be worried about how things might turn out if other than rib bones were involved. Shoulders on moose are less than ideal targets but sometimes, its that shot or nothing. When they're in thick willows and you have 3 seconds to make a shot through a small window, you take what you can get.

I also don't trust VLDs to expand reliably at 1600 or less foot a second. Especially on thinner skinned game. Amax's solve that problem but its nice to have the best of both worlds in one bullet

What difference is there between a berger that don't come apart and say a bullet like the accubond that doesn't come apart? Like I said I've never had a problem with a berger doing exactly as they claim they would. In fact I have found them to even work best when there slowed down at longer ranges.